Package Labor Tracking

Manager SE specific technical issues
CoersDiesel

Package Labor Tracking

Post by CoersDiesel »

I am trying to track the cost of labor associated with a package. I can put the charged hours in with the labor item, however it doesn't show the cost nor does it show up in the technician's productivity report. Any ideas?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Package Labor Tracking

Post by Silky7 »

There are probably too many permutations to effectively address this via the forum (tech hourly rate/fixed commission/package creation/number of techs, etc.). I'd recommend you call into support. What I can say is that if setup correctly for an hourly tech is that the productivity report does have data, as does the Invoice Profit Summary report — which is what is sounds like you're looking for.
M1 Product Manager
CoersDiesel

Post by CoersDiesel »

I called support before posting. Basically, they said sorry it doesnt work right now. I just cant believe that a package(specifically says parts & LABOR) will track parts but not labor. You can enter charged labor hours and technician hours, however the only thing that shows up anywhere is the technician hours, which is useless without the charged hours.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Sorry, we might have had some confusion. If you're looking at pure productivity, by entering the paid and actual hours for the technician you have that. But it sounds like you're more focused on profitability, which yes, you lose exactness with packages. It's the current concept with packages — no matter how many charged hours of labor fall under the umbrella of the package, it's a fixed price. That's why tend not to work for all users. We do hope to revisit these sometime, as they can be quite confusing. :?
M1 Product Manager
CoersDiesel

Post by CoersDiesel »

We pay techs hourly, so thats why charged hours become so important. We log pay and actual the same all the time and then go off of charged hours to get the efficiency for the tech. Thats seems to be the only way to do it and get the profit to show accurately on every ticket.

Return to “Technical Issues”