SE 7.3 Can't Get Update To Work

Manager SE specific technical issues
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor

SE 7.3 Can't Get Update To Work

Post by MURRI513 »

I see many shops have the latest update. I have been looking forward to using it, however I can't seem to update my system from 7.2.9. I found a link on M1files. com, downloaded and installed the update even restarted my computer but still do not have the latest version. Any idea how I can get it?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: SE 7.3 Can't Get Update To Work

Post by Silky7 »

If you've already attempted a manual installation and didn't succeed, it's time to call into Tech Support.
M1 Product Manager
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

Thank you
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

I called Tech Support, they walked me through the setup. The update is great, however I can no longer e-mail from within the program. I have to print,scan and then e-mail, have tried shutting down just Mitchell and also restarting the computer numerous times. I called Tech Support and was told the update does not recognize or work with Outlook. Has anyone else had this problem? It was working before the update.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

MURRI513 wrote:I called Tech Support, they walked me through the setup. The update is great, however I can no longer e-mail from within the program. I have to print,scan and then e-mail, have tried shutting down just Mitchell and also restarting the computer numerous times. I called Tech Support and was told the update does not recognize or work with Outlook. Has anyone else had this problem? It was working before the update.
We use Manager with Outlook every day. No problems.

Perhaps the support person misunderstood your problem.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

MURRI513 wrote: I called Tech Support and was told the update does not recognize or work with Outlook. Has anyone else had this problem? It was working before the update.
Yes, we must apologize. There was definitely some confusion on the agent's part. The integration with Outlook was not changed.

*Edited for Update.*
Sorry, after reviewing your support recordings it appears you are likely experiencing a system issue beyond our scope of support. It appears the Windows MAPI isn't working correctly on the system, as evidenced that it's not working from other applications on the system:
2018-04-20 11_10_52-Recorded Session_ Date_ 2018-04-17 10.5.png
2018-04-20 11_10_52-Recorded Session_ Date_ 2018-04-17 10.5.png (7.24 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
One thing you might check that is fairly simple is to make sure you're not running at different user contexts. That is, if you have Outlook set to Run As Admin, you should try running Manager the same. If Manager is set to Run as Admin and Outlook is not, you might try Manager without that setting. To Run as Admin temporarily, you should be able to simply right-click on the icon.
M1 Product Manager
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

Thanks for looking into it, I will call our in house tech support firm.

Return to “Technical Issues”