Huge Problem Since 7.3.10 Update?

Manager SE specific technical issues
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

Huge Problem Since 7.3.10 Update?

Post by nessauto »

Has anyone else had a ton of problems since the last sql update?

Our problems started as soon as we ran the Mitchel update that needed to be ran before the microsoft update. The host computer began locking up. They worked on it a bit and then it would work until we started applying payments. Pretty much every third time we clicked "Name" in the batch payment screen it would act up. After the third tech support guy they finally fessed up and said they have a known issue and are working to correct it.....The problems are only getting BIGGER....they noticed our database was large so they did something to condense it. Now it locks up all when we open Mitchel in the morning and noone is even working on it. Really frustrating when it's locked up now saturday morning and no tech support.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Huge problem since update

Post by Johnny5 »

We do have development fully engaged in fixing the performance issue you are seeing, we do apologize for the problem, but we will have something very soon and finally be able to get this Microsoft April update behind us. Stay tuned here.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
nessauto

Re: Huge Problem Since 7.3.10 Update?

Post by nessauto »

Any word on this fix yet....it's getting VERY annoying.
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

It is being tested right now. We could have an update for affected users this week.
Retired - Mitchell1
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

Thank you.
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

Any word on a fix yet. It's been a month of constantly locking up multiple times per day. I don't think I'm out of line asking to get this fixed.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

You can call into Support and ask for the 7.3.12 patch. It was not designed specifically for the situation you describe, but it may help.
M1 Product Manager
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

I've had them run a database patch several times. It doesn't help. Is it too much to ask for mitchel to fix this?
grovestreet

Post by grovestreet »

Our shop has also experienced the huge slowdown,. It brings the workstations to a halt on almost a daily basis, and no matter how many times they try to 'compress' the database, it does not help longer than a day. Every tech that works on it has a different take on it, and like someone else said, it was finally mentioned that windows 10 update caused problems.

needs to be fixed asap please.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I have yet to experience this. I'm in version 7.3.10
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Apologies for lack of response earlier; key players are out this week so we'll need to re-group on their return next week.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by MURRI513 »

Thanks for the tip about the patch. I called into tech support on Wednesday, got the update and my computer has not "frozen" since.
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

Is there a fix for this yet? Not interested in running the patch any more....When will a fix be available.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

nessauto wrote:Is there a fix for this yet? Not interested in running the patch any more....When will a fix be available.
I think there may have been some confusion. The database scripts you've been running are one thing, but there is an actual application patch (7.3.12) that it does not sound like you have yet. As you can see in this thread, it has some helped some users.
M1 Product Manager
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Is this patch recommended for all or just those seeing an issue?
Dan
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

It's just for slow performance issues, Dan. No new features from 7.3.10.
M1 Product Manager
daltonsmidway

Post by daltonsmidway »

What does the patch address? Our problem ever since the patch is that Mitchell software works (although speed can be erratic), but after a little while nothing else on the server does. Can't bring up windows explorer, file sharing hangs, can't shutdown, even Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing. Have to do a hard reset. Running Windows 7 64-bit, does *not* have the Microsoft update, whatever it was. (I only apply Msft updates on a case-by-case basis, to avoid situations like this.) Only auto updates on this machine are Adobe Acrobat and Avast antivirus. Per system logs, the only thing that has changed since things last worked happily (as they have for the past 2-1/2 years) is the Mitchell update (7.3.10.1). I'm running a physical disk check to make sure it isn't that, but there were no indications other than the hanging, so likely is the Mitchell update. It has been hanging every day since sometime shortly after the update.
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

daltonsmidway wrote:What does the patch address? Our problem ever since the patch is that Mitchell software works (although speed can be erratic), but after a little while nothing else on the server does. Can't bring up windows explorer, file sharing hangs, can't shutdown, even Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing. Have to do a hard reset. Running Windows 7 64-bit, does *not* have the Microsoft update, whatever it was. (I only apply Msft updates on a case-by-case basis, to avoid situations like this.) Only auto updates on this machine are Adobe Acrobat and Avast antivirus. Per system logs, the only thing that has changed since things last worked happily (as they have for the past 2-1/2 years) is the Mitchell update (7.3.10.1). I'm running a physical disk check to make sure it isn't that, but there were no indications other than the hanging, so likely is the Mitchell update. It has been hanging every day since sometime shortly after the update.
I have had the patch downloaded through tech support. I was told my terminal (host station) was old, so I purchased a new one. It still happened, called back into tech support was told some customer files were too large & had too much in history( we are a fleet repair shop) and that was to blame. This morning it happened again, had to shut down all workstations,including excel files that are on more than one terminal and restart all. All other programs work fine, Mitchell is the only one that freezes. This is getting to be a royal pain. Is there any word on a fix or update that remedy this.
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

I want to apologize for the recent performance issues some users are having. Our development team is focused and has been working on several items to speed things up significantly. We expect something within the next couple of weeks if all goes well with testing. Thank you very much for your patience.

JD
Retired - Mitchell1
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Johnny5 wrote:I want to apologize for the recent performance issues some users are having. Our development team is focused and has been working on several items to speed things up significantly. We expect something within the next couple of weeks if all goes well with testing. Thank you very much for your patience.

JD
Thanks for the update, JD.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR

Return to “Technical Issues”