Printing multiple copies of the invoice

Manager SE specific technical issues
FLWERLEYINC

Printing multiple copies of the invoice

Post by FLWERLEYINC »

Good Afternoon everyone,

My name is James Williams. I work for Francis L. Werley Inc. in Hamburg, Pa. I have a background in IT and I double as their desk side support person.

I am trying to figure out an issue with their ShopKey 5 Service Writer. Every time we try to print an invoice to present to the client we have to print the job twice even though when I check in the Print Setup -> Invoice is set to print 2 copies. Can anyone shed any light as to why this would be happening. I have tried manipulating the settings to no avail. Unfortunately our version is at end of life and so I can not get support from the official help desk.

Any assistance in this matter would be very much appreciated.

Shopkey Service Writer version data:
Shopkey V 5.9.0.6

Respectfully,
James D. Williams
Francis L. Werley, Inc.
Onsite Desk side support
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Printing multiple copies of the invoice

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

It may be difficult to get help on such an old version. I don't think anyone here is running anything that dated. Good luck and I hope someone here can help.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Your best bet is to check around our knowledgebase. For example, this may be relevant. https://kb.mitchell1.com/articles/id-710
M1 Product Manager
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

FLWERLEYINC wrote:Good Afternoon everyone,

I am trying to figure out an issue with their ShopKey 5 Service Writer. Every time we try to print an invoice to present to the client we have to print the job twice even though when I check in the Print Setup -> Invoice is set to print 2 copies. Can anyone shed any light as to why this would be happening.
Welcome to the forum. If I understand correctly, it's like this. You have 2 copies specified for Invoice in Reports/Printers; you also have 'default print to screen' turned on. The preview is a separate applet alongside your ShopKey Service Writer; it doesn't know 2 copies was specified because it's outside Service Writer and always defaulted to 1 copy.

TIP: When you want 2 copies (when previously specified) -no questions asked- do this: go to File, Print like this to BYPASS Preview:
fileprint.png
fileprint.png (8.25 KiB) Viewed 3346 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
FLWERLEYINC

Post by FLWERLEYINC »

timbre4 wrote:
FLWERLEYINC wrote:Good Afternoon everyone,

I am trying to figure out an issue with their ShopKey 5 Service Writer. Every time we try to print an invoice to present to the client we have to print the job twice even though when I check in the Print Setup -> Invoice is set to print 2 copies. Can anyone shed any light as to why this would be happening.
Welcome to the forum. If I understand correctly, it's like this. You have 2 copies specified for Invoice in Reports/Printers; you also have 'default print to screen' turned on. The preview is a separate applet alongside your ShopKey Service Writer; it doesn't know 2 copies was specified because it's outside Service Writer and always defaulted to 1 copy.

TIP: When you want 2 copies (when previously specified) -no questions asked- do this: go to File, Print like this to BYPASS Preview:
fileprint.png

Good Afternoon.

I apologize for not getting back to this sooner.

This is not exactly what we have going on. Here is what I can tell you from our process.

Write up the bill.
Click "Convert to Invoice".
Click on "Print".
Click "Continue Print".

Typically what it will do is print one copy. Then you click the print button again. The second time you click print it will print two copies.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on with this scenario?

Thanks again for any and all help from you guys on this one!
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Id contact tech support. This has never happened to me. I print 10 + a day for the last 15 + years

Return to “Technical Issues”