Labor credits being applied to sublet, not labor

Manager SE specific technical issues
AUTO1
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Labor credits being applied to sublet, not labor

Post by AUTO1 »

We discovered an issue where if you apply a labor credit to an invoice, the labor credit (negative amount) is being applied to sublet vs. being applied to labor. So anytime you have a negative labor amount, it is reducing sublet instead of labor.
I reported this issue to Mitchell tech support back on March 8th 2018. I called them again today because the issue is still a problem and the person in tech support found my report back in March but it has been labeled as a "low priority issue". How could this be a low priority issue when it is creating an issue with incorrect reporting???
Is anyone else having this issue? We can't be the only one.

Thanks, Aaron
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Labor credits being applied to sublet, not labor

Post by ricmorin »

AUTO1 wrote:We discovered an issue where if you apply a labor credit to an invoice, the labor credit (negative amount) is being applied to sublet vs. being applied to labor. So anytime you have a negative labor amount, it is reducing sublet instead of labor.
I reported this issue to Mitchell tech support back on March 8th 2018. I called them again today because the issue is still a problem and the person in tech support found my report back in March but it has been labeled as a "low priority issue". How could this be a low priority issue when it is creating an issue with incorrect reporting???
Is anyone else having this issue? We can't be the only one.

Thanks, Aaron
I feel every issue that affects me is a priority. :D That said, I can count on one hand how many times I've entered a negative labor item in the last 15 years. Do you do this regularly?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
AUTO1

Post by AUTO1 »

We do labor credits all the time. Anytime there is a warranty issue the labor gets a positive amount and a negative amount. Same thing with parts.
Anytime we do a "customer service adjustment" there is a positive labor amount and a negative labor amount so the customer can see the value in the credit.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Could you simply use a discount? It shows on the invoice just as would a negative labor and would be easier to deploy. You can label the discount any way you want to show the significance. Considering the low priority of the fix, it may be a consideration. I don't hear many people using negative labor amounts to show warranty. Many 'pay' the invoice with a special account, others zero lines out and still more use discounts.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Technical Issues”