Manager SE Slowing Down?

Manager SE specific technical issues
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar

Manager SE Slowing Down?

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I don't know if it is just me and my system here but Mitchell is really slowing down. When I click a drop down menu in the WIP screen it takes what seems like a full second sometimes 2 seconds to respond. I will even get a "Mitchell not responding" and the screen will fade for a few second until it recovers. Once in a while it doesn't and I have to close out and go back in. This even occurs within a order and sub estimate. I it almost feels as if the internet connection is slowed down however any other program I have running runs fine No hesitations at all. I believe this all stated when we updated to 7.5. I was just waiting to see if it corrected with the next update which it did not. I am now on 8.0.0. Anybody else having these problems??
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Mitchell slowing down

Post by Rich »

I get this, but mostly I get an Out of Memory error. I chalk it up to my pre-historic system.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by MURRI513 »

That happens here a lot, especially when trying to write a purchase order. It's worse when using search function in purchase order screen, I use that mostly when checking statements against invoices from vendors.
CARTECHPLUS
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by CARTECHPLUS »

I have that problem here as well. Also only since 7.5. Mine occurs mostly when selecting something from the WIP screen, it takes a long time to open that. Also on the vehicle entry screen when selecting all the modifications they take a very long time to take also. I thought it could possibly be because I didn't have a machine powerful enough to operate the system but its good to know I am not the only one having the issue. TIA
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

I also have this problem. Some days seem worst than others. I cannot find a certain thing that is causing it.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

All,

After the year end holiday we're going to be devoting some time to investigate these issues at a development level. Please take note of any nuances you may notice. E.g., worse in the afternoon, only on certain manager user profiles, limited to one specific station, etc.

It's very likely we'll reach out to you for diagnostic information in January.

In in the interim, most performance issues can be alleviated by contacting support.
M1 Product Manager
localheroes

Post by localheroes »

Noticing it also on all 3 of our shops systems also. Whats is weird is the SQL Server is eating up 40, 60 and 65% memory on each server. All running windows 8.1 64 bit. The Shops with the most customers/cars (by triple) has the smallest data base at roughly 750MB, the shop using Mitchell the longest and with fewest customers/cars has a 3GB database which jumped by 1GB since 2 months ago. The shop in the middle with customers/cars had 600MB data base.

All three systems have 8GB of memory. All using Intel Core 5 processors.

All three slowed down when we went to 7.5. The Wireless work stations seem to have something to do with it also in terms of throe workstations performance. We have good/latest Network equipment.

all three Servers are Ethernet cabled direct to router. All shops have high speed connections from Comcast.

It definitely has something to do with MS SQL application. No other programs really need on our computers except Mitchell. all three shops run ProPack Tablet manger.

All three shops Data base sizes have changed over the past year, up and down and generally recently up a lot with 7.5 and now 8.

We run the new Mitchell 8 on all three servers.

all three perform best after shops are closed and internet traffic/use and Mitchell use is down.

Can give Mitchell access to all three servers through TV which we have on at most times if you want it. Contact Mike at Bodega Ave shop phone number for more info.

Mike
Pauls Automotive

Post by Pauls Automotive »

Well I am kinda glad to hear it isn't just me.

To give a little more specific hardware data we all my work stations are acting the same way. I have 6 of them. 4 are wired and 2 are wireless. All preform the same. The Server is wired to router as well All work stations are on version 8 and running windows 10. I am using the Verizon Fios as my internet access. Prior to 7.5 I never had any issues. Everything was always very speedy. I do have to also agree that in my experience I have to believe it has something to do with the SQL database as well. It literally is the only program acting this way.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
RIORYAN

Post by RIORYAN »

I've been chasing this problem for a long time thinking it was bad Wifi connection. Glad to hear that it's just as bad on wired...
nickscarcare

Re: Manager SE Slowing Down?

Post by nickscarcare »

Ours takes longer to start up in the morning and is slow pulling up orders mostly right away first couple.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

We have multiple workstations that crash multiple times a day. I see it more when working in revisions, but I wouldn't say it's isolated to that area only.
Propane Plus

Post by Propane Plus »

Noticed here since 7.5 we can not make it a full week without the system crashing due to memory error, usually happens during the day Wednesday on the server and workstation. We shut off the computers for the weekend, fresh start Monday and it takes a very long time for the computers to be up and running Mondays. After the Wednesday restart, still painfully slow. After the program has run for a half hour seems to pick up speed.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I've noticed a real slow down on my wireless connections. Watching the Ethernet activity, I see that Manager is pulsing the network every 8-10 seconds with a 30-50 MBPS burst. This causes my wireless connections to stall, giving the illusion of sluggishness. I don't know what those pulses are, but they are gone with Manager closed.

If you have a poor infrastructure, you'll definitely feel it. I've upgraded PC's and just put in a new Gigabit switch; that helps. New PC with SSD and lots of RAM helped also, but still can see some pausing. My wireless connection sometimes drops to 11MBPS, and it's agonizing with that connection. Refresh that and it's not too bad at 54MBPS but noticeable. OK at 100MBPS and pretty good at 1GIG.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
northeugeneauto

Post by northeugeneauto »

We were experiencing crashes multiple times a day (sometimes hourly), we just upgraded to brand new PCs and it was pretty good for a couple weeks, but now we are back to the system crashing at least once a day. it is very frustrating! We've been on with tech support multiple times to no avail. Has anyone had a solution that remedies this besides a whole new shop management system?
Rich

Post by Rich »

I have had some system slow downs, but none due to Mitchell, it's all been something like Dell or HP trying to sneak in an unneeded driver scan. (P.S. our system is only a year old now)
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

northeugeneauto wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:54 am
We were experiencing crashes multiple times a day (sometimes hourly), we just upgraded to brand new PCs and it was pretty good for a couple weeks,
This is often an indication that some other software (often security related - e.g., Anti-virus) is conflicting with the application. If it were Manager alone crashing, it should have started immediately, instead of taking a couple weeks to manifest.

Our Support group indicates it has been a while since you called. Please try them again to see if they can aid in narrowing this down.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”