Phone Number

Manager SE specific technical issues
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Phone Number

Post by nickscarcare »

Just when I thought it was all fixed, now we are having issues with the phone numbers in Manager again. This time I put a phone number under cell, which is the one they want to show up and check the box. Then I have an alternate number put under other, and not checked the box. Now when we go into order it displays both of them. Is there anything to fix this? I was just getting ready to see about the text program from Manager, but now with having phone number issues again, that will have to wait.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Phone Number

Post by Rich »

I have not had any issues with the texting, as long as I can get the owner to keep putting the cell number in the proper place. The numbers that arent checked still showing up on RO screen has had no effect on texting.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

So Rich you still have numbers that show up on the work order that are not checked? Seems to me that if they are not checked they should not display, that is why the box is there. Some of ours are fleet and we put the drivers number in just to let them know, but the company does not want their numbers on the invoices. I was hoping one of the higher ups would pipe in, but guess not. I won't call tech on this, we have before, and whoever I talk to says that just the way it is.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
Rich

Post by Rich »

I understand, it is kind of a pain. But, if it was as easy to fix as we think it is, it would be done by now. M1 has always been on top of fixing issues as soon as they can for us.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

When the program was released as Series I in 1995, the following was true about the logic used in the Telephone List button/screen:

1. Any two phone numbers in the telephone list may be selected by checkbox to display PER customer record.
2. If no checkboxes are checked, by default it will display the Home & Office phone numbers (reflecting the 20th century modeling)

Since Manager SE version 7.1.2 - we added a Driver field on the Vehicle screen, wholly separate from the Telephone List on the customer screen. This was for the purpose of addressing fleet vehicles and family members other than the vehicle owner. I mention this as we had requests to add Driver phone # (if available) on document templates.

In the sample below you can see the 2 checkbox phone #s AND the Driver phone # since this vehicle record had one:
driver.png
driver.png (9.3 KiB) Viewed 5968 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I always just check the ones I want on the order then call the appropriate ones. I have noticed if I do not check any then some show up must be the way it is
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

brianp87 wrote:I always just check the ones I want on the order then call the appropriate ones. I have noticed if I do not check any then some show up must be the way it is
If no checkboxes are checked, it's going to default to what it finds; starting from the top line, it will look for and display one or two valid phone #s (depending on what's entered in that customer's Telephone List).
Tim McDonnell -
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

What if only one box is checked because that is the one they want showing? Here 2 still show up.

507-345-6425
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

nickscarcare wrote:What if only one box is checked because that is the one they want showing? Here 2 still show up.
Understood. The logic is looking for two numbers, sees the second one and displays it. Not sure what the sensitivity of the second number might be. If it's a big deal, delete it from Telephone List and store it in Customer Remarks field instead?
Tim McDonnell -
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Ok so they will not be texted if we sign up for that if we have the cell phone checked. I also just keep telling the fleets that is the way it is if they want a drivers number in there, it will show on the invoice. I have had issues with my Manager showing numbers from who knows where, but that seems to be taken care of, knock on wood. This is why I became leary on this issue.

507-345-6425
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

With MessageCenter texting, all customers in Manager SE are "opted in" (enabled to text with shop). Shops always have the option to opt out any customer cell # with two clicks.

Click on the SMS Allowed button under Telephone List and a dialog to confirm the blocking is displayed.
allowed.png
allowed.png (3.59 KiB) Viewed 5941 times
blocked.png
blocked.png (4.98 KiB) Viewed 5941 times
Tim McDonnell -
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Yes the question I was asking is the default for the text is the cell field correct. So these accounts that have other numbers should not get messages sent to them? I said before, we have had issues with phone numbers in our manager, just showing up randomly from other customers, and switching even on the same customer, for example displaying "Marks" number under "Ednas" name so we go to call Mark and we are calling Edna. It has been wierd and random.

507-345-6425
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

nickscarcare wrote:Yes the question I was asking is the default for the text is the cell field correct. So these accounts that have other numbers should not get messages sent to them? I said before, we have had issues with phone numbers in our manager, just showing up randomly from other customers, and switching even on the same customer, for example displaying "Marks" number under "Ednas" name so we go to call Mark and we are calling Edna. It has been wierd and random.
You choose the default phone number when you first set it up. It generally will be the cell phone field. Once that is done, no other number will be selected unless you manually select it in Message Center.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

As stated above - users confirm how they want it setup. I presume Cellular but some shops may have different labels. When you click edit you can assign the properties to the slot of your choice:
phones.png
phones.png (10.54 KiB) Viewed 5925 times
phonedesc.png
phonedesc.png (5.49 KiB) Viewed 5925 times
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Technical Issues”