Committed & Confirmed Parts

Manager SE specific technical issues
dtstire
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Committed & Confirmed Parts

Post by dtstire »

There seems to be an issue with committed and confirmed parts when converting from an Invoice to an RO. When a part is "Committed" on an Approved Repair Order, it will then become "Confirmed" when it becomes an Invoice. However, if you switch back to an RO, that part is no longer considered "Committed" and the only selection on the Part detail page is "Confirmed".
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Committed & Confirmed Parts

Post by timbre4 »

Looking at this now, I believe the behavior to be correct. I'll try to illustrate below:

Estimate / R.O. not marked as printed = parts have no status
R.O. marked as approved/printed = parts are Committed
Invoice = parts are Confirmed + Inventory parts subtracted from inventory QOH + Committed falls to -0-

NOTE 1: Catalog parts received on P.O. are immediately Confirmed so as to not accidentally ordered again
NOTE 2: If SE is set to revert INV to R.O on change, the parts will retain Confirmed status for same reason as above
NOTE 3: Any additional parts added to this R.O. now would follow the original workflow rules as shown up at top first
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
dtstire
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by dtstire »

The above is correct. The issue I'm running into is on Repair Orders that were previously Invoices, and have been converted back to an RO. Committed is no longer a checkbox option on Parts - only Confirmed is an option, as if the RO is still an Invoice.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

dtstire wrote:The above is correct. The issue I'm running into is on Repair Orders that were previously Invoices, and have been converted back to an RO. Committed is no longer a checkbox option on Parts - only Confirmed is an option, as if the R.O. is still an Invoice.
This is correct. There is no Committed checkbox in SE; the Committed state occurs automatically once we have an Approved (printed) R.O. There is a dimmed Confirmed box in the original workflow; working backwards from INV -> R.O. you have an active Confirmed checkbox that is checked. Unchecking it will return the part to Committed status.

Try this with an INV -> R.O.: 1) open Part Item edit for an inventory part; 2) observe the QOH shown; 3) uncheck the Confirmed box, 4) click on Done. 5) re-open Part Item edit and see it has incremented QOH by 1. (it increased QOH by 1 and put a 1 back in Committed [visible in the inventory part record].

I'm guessing that your concern is parts ordering? If I'm adding a last minute inventory part to the order it doesn't matter much. If it's parts ordering, unchecking Confirmed box will return the Committed status to the part in question.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Technical Issues”