Version 8.0 VPN Issue

Manager SE specific technical issues
jkidder

Version 8.0 VPN Issue

Post by jkidder »

Anyone else having issues connecting to the application using a VPN after installing version 8.0. I currently use logmein hamachi as my VPN application and have used the application over VPN like this for several years and something within version 8.0 broke the ability for the application to function for us. Is anyone else able to comment on there experiences since updating to version 8.0 using VPN

Thanks
Jon
bonabros

Re: Version 8.0 VPN Issue

Post by bonabros »

Yes, we were just forced to upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0.3 and not lost the ability to see the host via VPN.
jkidder

Post by jkidder »

bonabros wrote:Yes, we were just forced to upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0.3 and not lost the ability to see the host via VPN.
Would you clarify for my sake, are you saying that you are still able to use the application over VPN using 8.0.3? If so, can you briefly describe your VPN setup, are you using an application to setup your VPN connection or are you using a VPN built into your network. Im asking just because i have lost my ability to work remotely and have done everything short of reinstalling the host application on my local server.

Thanks for you help.
bonabros

Post by bonabros »

jkidder wrote:
bonabros wrote:Yes, we were just forced to upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0.3 and not lost the ability to see the host via VPN.
Would you clarify for my sake, are you saying that you are still able to use the application over VPN using 8.0.3? If so, can you briefly describe your VPN setup, are you using an application to setup your VPN connection or are you using a VPN built into your network. Im asking just because i have lost my ability to work remotely and have done everything short of reinstalling the host application on my local server.

Thanks for you help.
Sorry it IS NOT working after updating to 8.0.3. I can see the database on Mitchell and ping the Host PC on cmd but it will not operate Mitchell properly. It takes about 10 minutes to load the WIP and if you try to go into an invoice it takes a minute and printing an invoice completely freezes the program.

Our VPN is built into our network Cisco firewall. My personal workstation that’s not remote but in-house and uses PIA VPN works just fine.

Tech support says they are not allowed to help out in any VPN related issues.

I hope that clarifies my original post.
jkidder

Post by jkidder »

bonabros wrote:
jkidder wrote:

Thanks for you help.
Sorry it IS NOT working after updating to 8.0.3. I can see the database on Mitchell and ping the Host PC on cmd but it will not operate Mitchell properly. It takes about 10 minutes to load the WIP and if you try to go into an invoice it takes a minute and printing an invoice completely freezes the program.

Our VPN is built into our network Cisco firewall. My personal workstation that’s not remote but in-house and uses PIA VPN works just fine.

Tech support says they are not allowed to help out in any VPN related issues.

I hope that clarifies my original post.

Yes that does clarify thanks!

You are getting farther then i am into the application using the VPN. My remote connections lock up at the loading screen the progress bar gets to "loading repair info" and then i can get no further. Maybe one of the engineers will see our post and chime in, something changed with version 8, and i dont think the "VPN" has anything to do with this issue, mostly because (bonabros) and my current VPN are not related (setup wise) in any way, but we had the same issue appear with the same application update maybe the engineers can shed some light on our issue, until then its slow remote desktop for us i guess!

Jon

Return to “Technical Issues”