Vehicle Engine Attributes No Longer Present!

Manager SE specific technical issues
DekesAutoTech

Vehicle Engine Attributes No Longer Present!

Post by DekesAutoTech »

Since one of the more recent updates I have been scratching my head about this. When building a new vehicle or checking one on the customer vehicle screen, you can select the engine package. The older version of Mitchell1 SE used to list engine size, ignition system, # of valves, and Induction system info like whether it's turbo or supercharged.

Now, for some reason that makes no sense whatsoever to me or anybody here at my shop, the dropdown on the engine package now only says the most basic of info. The engine size and VIN designation. Bare. Minimum. So now if I have an engine I am unfamiliar with, I have to either go back and look at the car in the shop or search in RepairLink for the part.

Since I pay for a Shop Management system partially for the reason that it gives me the information I need at my fingertips while I'm on the phone with a parts vendor, I find it extremely odd that during an update, the Mitchell programmers decided that we had too much information there and took it away. My question is, how does that make sense?

I can deal with the fact that the Mitchell VIN Decoder gives me less information than any random free online VIN decoder (DecodeThis tells me if the vehicle has 4-wheel ABS, Transmission option and if it's 4WD, etc.). Even though I pay money for a professional grade information system, it seems like I am still better off using a free online VIN Decoder. But this is no big deal, I mean it still doesn't make sense to me, but it doesn't take much additional effort on my part.

At the very least, however, Mitchell needs to bring back the Engine Attributes on the Vehicle drop down screen. I actually spoke with a Mitchell rep today and she decoded and reviewed a vehicle VIN I provided on the old 7.5 Mitchell system and then compared to the same thing on the 8.0.3. She also said it makes no sense to her, and agreed that for some reason the programmers took a handy feature and took it away for virtually no reason.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Vehicle Engine Attributes No Longer Present!

Post by Silky7 »

M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”