Labor Rate in SYMPTOMS changed

Manager SE specific technical issues
KevinB

Labor Rate in SYMPTOMS changed

Post by KevinB »

It appears that all of the labor ops I have in Symptoms now have a new labor rate (different than all of my other labor rates). Is there something we could have done that would have changed them all?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Labor Rate in SYMPTOMS changed

Post by ricmorin »

Unless the 'Non Standard Labor Rate' box is checked, labor operations in Symptoms should be the same rate as the default, which is the first rate in your rate list. Is this not the case for you?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

That is how it has always been. Today, when I noticed there was a problem, I opened up Symptoms in my settings screen. They are all set at an odd labor rate and the non-standard labor rate box is not checked. However, if I hit save and exit out, I see it , on it's own check the non-standard labor rate box. It is very strange.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

KevinB wrote:That is how it has always been. Today, when I noticed there was a problem, I opened up Symptoms in my settings screen. They are all set at an odd labor rate and the non-standard labor rate box is not checked. However, if I hit save and exit out, I see it , on it's own check the non-standard labor rate box. It is very strange.
Are all the symptoms set to the same rate? Is this rate equal to ANY of your current rates or PAST rates? Is it possible that when the last rate change occurred someone answered NO to the dialog box that requests you to update all current jobs and symptoms?
603-622-6434 x203

KevinB

Post by KevinB »

It does not match any of our old or current labor rates. We have not changed labor rates since last July. AT that time I set them all to match our current labor rate. Given that I may not ever figure out what happened, is there a way to set them all to the current rate at once or do I have to do them all individually?
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

KevinB wrote:It does not match any of our old or current labor rates. We have not changed labor rates since last July. AT that time I set them all to match our current labor rate. Given that I may not ever figure out what happened, is there a way to set them all to the current rate at once or do I have to do them all individually?
You can do it all at once. Change the default rate to something other than what it is now and save it. Answer NO to the update process. Now change it back to the rate you want and click YES to update all your canned jobs and symptoms. That should put all your symptoms not set to a non-standard rate at default.
603-622-6434 x203

LazyTurtle

Post by LazyTurtle »

Hi KevinB,

From what you've described, its very likely that the default rate was changed and "Yes" was selected to update Symptoms, then later changed back to the rate you are used to seeing. This happens most often with new services advisors or users that are usually pressed for time and rush through the order creation process. Note: This prompt would also affect labor lines on Canned Jobs that are not marked to use a non-standard labor rate.

First we suggest creating a local backup (https://mitchell1.com/knowledgebase/article.php?id=751)

To fix this, you'll first want to change your labor rate to something else (+/- .01). When prompted, click No to update. Change the rate back to what it should be and click "Yes".

Next, make sure "Update Labor Time from Total" is checked in the Default settings (Configurations -> Shop Data Setup -> Default Settings). Click into Standard Descriptions from the Shop Data menu then click Symptoms. For each Symptom that is wrong, double click the symptom and uncheck the non-standard labor rate check box if present. If the box is already unchecked, click into the Charged hours and then press Tab or simply check and uncheck the Non-standard labor rate box. As the setting implies, this will update the labor total to match the time. Once you have done this for all symptoms, uncheck the Update Labor Time from Total from the Default Settings area to resume business as normal.

Hope this helps!

Return to “Technical Issues”