Activant issues

Manager SE specific technical issues
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Activant issues

Post by liljoe »

I had to install my server on another machine due to hard drive failure, when tech support remoted in and installed for me it was the latest version. After that i was having issues when i would try to look up or order parts. When back on phone with TS and they were remoted in he informed me that having activant selected on catalog toggle would cause that error. Turned it off and all was fine. The next day i went to my other workstation and noticed that it still had activant so i used it with no issues. If i turn it on on the server machine it causes the fault ( something to do with SQL). Seems you can run it on client machines as long as it is not on the server machine. I toggles back and forth several times on both machines and found this to be consistant.
Just though it would be useful info for anyone that ( like me ) is still using the old catalog system. You seem to be able to use it on machines that are not the server.

Forget the TS guys name, but he was awesome! ( Like always )
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Activant issues

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for posting about this; I've added a post under Parts Ordering to cross-reference this.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Maybe I am not following the story but, I have Activant on three machines here, the server got into Activant and both work stations did also, with out any issues.

Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Same here. Activant is toggled on with my host machine and it all works fine. Maybe it's just the potential of an issue.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

The guy i spoke with in tech support said that it is a known issue with activant and the latest version of Mitchell. I am running version 8.2.1.81.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

liljoe,

Can you send me a PM with your account number? Activant should work on any and all stations, so if there's an issue we need the right people to investigate it.
M1 Product Manager
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Cory »

We were having this issue a few weeks back. Gave errors when getting into PO's and when trying to look up or order parts on Activant. When it was turned off the problems went away. The tech support agent I talked to said it was something to do with the Account setup on Activants side. He put in our credentials on his machine and got the same error, but when using Mitchell credentials the error wasn't there. I have tried to get a hold of Advance/Carquest/Activant on this issue but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

Return to “Technical Issues”