Counter Sale Printing

Manager SE specific technical issues
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor

Counter Sale Printing

Post by ShopManTim »

When I am making out a counter sale that includes several parts items and labor lines, I would like to be able to print the invoice as it appears on the screen. As it is, the invoice places the parts on the left of the printed invoice and the labor on the right. Is there a setting I can change or a way to place every item as it appears in the order on the screen?
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Counter Sale Printing

Post by Silky7 »

Hi Tim,

My advice - if you add Labor - make it a regular invoice. Counter Sales were never designed to be more than simple OTC parts. Labor wasn't able to be added to them until a few years back, and frankly it's not a workflow we're going to support any further.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Well, that was not what I wanted to hear because here in our shop where there is lots of employees getting inventory items, I use counter sales to keep track if things instead of another invoice for 1 quart of oil, or a bolt, or a pin. Maybe I change a flat tire, I use counter sales for that, at least that's what I have been doing and then at the end of the month, I total it out. This is a fleet shop with dozens of trucks, trailers, mowers, snow removal rigs, backhoes, fuel and propane delivery trucks and many other pieces of equipment.

Ok, no problem. I'll get something figured out. I wasa hoping at least somebody else had run into this but maybe not.

Thanks for your response.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by MURRI513 »

We do a lot of counter sales. I just use the icon at the top of the page, it brings up the 3 tab order. I put the parts and labor as well as any notes ( PO#) as usual , you have to be careful not to click twice ( that turns it back into a regular work order). It looks the same on the scrren but when you print it the parts on listed on top and labor along with any notes are listed underneath there is a line that separates them. I use this feature for employee purchases, parts sold with a PO# and some work that is done on parts. Yesterday I had to compress 2 shocks and install new struts. We are also a heavy duty fleet company and see a lot of these.

Return to “Technical Issues”