Batch Payment freezing Manager SE

Manager SE specific technical issues
blakevosburg

Batch Payment freezing Manager SE

Post by blakevosburg »

With the latest version of SE, I’ve had the program freeze on multiple occasions when using the batch payment window. Appears to happen only when clicking the Name button. The Company button has not caused the same issue. Can anyone confirm similar behavior? The only recourse is to force close the SE program when this occurs and restart.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Batch Payment freezing Manager SE

Post by ricmorin »

Ours locked up yesterday when pressing F5 for batch payment. Had to force close. First time we've seen that.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Is it possible that the dialog box is opened as expected but BEHIND your Manager SE screen or other windows opened? (I've seen some programs exhibit this under WIN 10)

You might try Alt+Tab keys to see if it's simply hiding. When you can't see the Name dialog box or interact with it, it could make it seem frozen.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by MURRI513 »

I've had this issue for over 6 months; I have contacted Tech Support, nothing seems to fix it. Only happens on the host computer, others are fine and I can still put batch payments through. Hopefully with others experiencing it they will get a better handle on it.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

MURRI513 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:42 am
I've had this issue for over 6 months; I have contacted Tech Support, nothing seems to fix it. Only happens on the host computer, others are fine and I can still put batch payments through. Hopefully with others experiencing it they will get a better handle on it.
That is my hope; thanks for adding timeframe too.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

This issue is still happening,3 different times this week alone. It only happens on my desktop( host computer) other 2 work stations are fine. It gets to be a problem when customer is in front of me and I have to restart my computer, or move to a different side of the room to process the payment. After restarting it goes away until the next time, which are very random so its hard to pinpoint why it happens. I called tech support, and was told to call in when it happens but theystill didn;t come up with an answer. My computer is 6 months old.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

MURRI513 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:33 am
This issue is still happening,3 different times this week alone. It only happens on my desktop( host computer) other 2 work stations are fine. It gets to be a problem when customer is in front of me and I have to restart my computer, or move to a different side of the room to process the payment. After restarting it goes away until the next time, which are very random so its hard to pinpoint why it happens. I called tech support, and was told to call in when it happens but theystill didn;t come up with an answer. My computer is 6 months old.
Hi MURRI513,

I'm not quite sure why batch payments would be freezing on you. I haven't had any reports of batch payments freezing on customers in recent versions. What version of SE are you running? Does it happen each time?
M1 Product Manager
MURRI513

Post by MURRI513 »

I'm using Version 8.4.1.104 but this has been happening for several years with different versions. It just seems to happen more often with this version. Since most of my customers have charge accounts, I use batch payment everyday.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Having the software completely lock up and freeze is extremely strange. Next time it freezes up on you can you try to use the ALT-TAB keys to see if for some reason the window has fallen blow the main screen. For this you would hold the ALT key (bottom left of the keyboard) then tap the TAB key (near the middle/top on left of keyboard). You should get a list of windows that are open. If you do not see a "Batch Payment" window Select the TeamWorks SE windows again to see if it will display the batch payments window again.

If this does not help please feel free to contact Tech Support and mention you've been working on this issue on the forum, they will reach out to me to take a look at the issue. We do need to have the issue on the screen to troubleshoot exactly what's going on as this is something strange that I've only seen one other time.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”