NSF???

Manager SE specific technical issues
ProTruck

NSF???

Post by ProTruck »

I processed a check for a customer paying 3 of his invoices through batch payment. A few days later we received a NSF letter from the bank. Customer's check returned with $15 fee. I marked NSF in the system... and reposted his new check payment that he gave us. I have 2 questions...

1. How do I account for the $15 he included additional in the check to cover the NSF fee? Is there a way to do so?? I just entered the total of the invoices for the check.... but there's $15 extra for the bounced check he included..

2. Wen I try to use accounting link and transfer the transactions to QB, I now get an error about the transaction.

Very confused.. I have a help ticket in with accounting link.. but they have not called me yet. I feel like the system is very bare when searching for any help with this issue.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: NSF???

Post by ricmorin »

I don't have accounting link, but you need to accommodate for the extra 15 dollars. If it were me, I'd create another order for a 15 dollar return check fee. Then pay all FOUR invoices with the new check.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

ProTruck wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:13 am
I processed a check for a customer paying 3 of his invoices through batch payment. A few days later we received a NSF letter from the bank. Customer's check returned with $15 fee. I marked NSF in the system... and reposted his new check payment that he gave us. I have 2 questions...

1. How do I account for the $15 he included additional in the check to cover the NSF fee? Is there a way to do so?? I just entered the total of the invoices for the check.... but there's $15 extra for the bounced check he included..

2. Wen I try to use accounting link and transfer the transactions to QB, I now get an error about the transaction.

Very confused.. I have a help ticket in with accounting link.. but they have not called me yet. I feel like the system is very bare when searching for any help with this issue.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. The NSF feature is documented as it pertains to Manager SE, but was created long before our partnership with The Back Office for AccountingLink. This is the first time anyone's asked this question that I'm aware of. (been here since before forum inception)

In any event, if you haven't done so already, I'd recommend creating a GL code for NSF (whatever you want to call it) so that it is accounted for properly. I will check with TBO about your callback status.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Apparently, there is a misunderstanding about TBO support callback on this issue. Here's the reply I just rec'd:

"Thank you for letting us know. Amanda was busy the three times we reached out to her on 11/2 and 11/3. She asked that we close her case on our last call to her on 11/3 and said that she would reach back out to us when she had more time to discuss her question.

The error she was receiving was likely due to the original payment. When the NSF button is used, it essentially deletes the first payment within Mitchell and allows them to rekey in a replacement payment. The original payment is still needed within the Accounting side, though, to make a correct deposit on the day of the bounce. NSF will almost always require extra handling, as the two systems treat them differently.

We can try to reach back out to Amanda if you think it is best."

In light of this, is there a specific time and day TBO can reach you?
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Technical Issues”