Payment "Tabbing" Issue - 8.4.0.85

Manager SE specific technical issues
bonabros1956

Payment "Tabbing" Issue - 8.4.0.85

Post by bonabros1956 »

Just upgraded from v8.3.1.40 to v8.4.0.85 today. Went to apply payments on invoices and after you select/key the DATE, you used to be able to hit the TAB key and it would go to the next box, which was PAYMENT TYPE. Hitting TAB now bring you down to HISTORY.

So you have to either hit tab like 5 times to get where it was suppsoed to go, or move hands off keyboard to mouse, click, move hands back to keyboard to type again. Seems tivial, but when entering 70+ payments a day, it is already annoying on the first day. I attached a picture to try and explain what is happening. Let me know if my description is not good enough.

Rest of the update looks greats. Thanks for all the work!
Attachments
mitchell tab issue.png
mitchell tab issue.png (27.52 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Payment "Tabbing" Issue - 8.4.0.85

Post by megoff »

Hello bonabros1956,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and welcome to the Forum. I do see that the tabbing is a little excessive compared to v8.3.1.40. This change was to bring the selection back to the Payment Type drop down like it was in v8.2.1.81. I do notice that the tab order in v8.4.0.85 is different than v8.2.1.81. In v8.2.1.81 there were four tabs required to get to the History button.

I am more than happy to put in feedback to make the tabbing to history back to what it was in v8.2.1.81.
M1 Product Manager
bonabros1956

Post by bonabros1956 »

Thanks for the quick reply. I cannot remember what update it used to be, but the Date was typeable and you could copy/paste it and that was much preferable. I had managed to adapt, while slower, it was workable. Now it's the worst it has been for the way I use Mitchell.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

bonabros1956 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:27 am
Thanks for the quick reply. I cannot remember what update it used to be, but the Date was typeable and you could copy/paste it and that was much preferable. I had managed to adapt, while slower, it was workable. Now it's the worst it has been for the way I use Mitchell.
I do see the copy and paste is no longer working, I will go back to older versions to see if I can find one that was able to be done. The Date field is typeable but does require you to use the right arrow to switch between m/d/y in the date fields.
M1 Product Manager
bonabros1956

Post by bonabros1956 »

Yes, correct. Not the end of the world to use the arrow system, but the copy/paste was preferable.

Thanks again for looking into these. I sincerely appreciate you taking them seriously. We have been Mitchell users since Series I back in the mid 90s, so we have seen lots of things come and go for Mitchell. I lost my old forum login, so I made a new one.

Few other things that no longer function as well as tehy did back in the day:

1) Batch Payments you are no longer able to sort the columns of Date / Invoice #/ Invoice For / Ref # / Amount. Some of our fleet accounts will have anywhere from 5-60 open invoices at a time and I currently believe it sorts the invoices by Posted Date. Please see attachment #1 for an example of invoice 193601 being listed before 193296. In this case, it's not a huge deal as there are only 4 open invoices, but it would be helpful to be able to sort these columns like I used to (probably back in v5.9.x.x)

2) Batch Payments window used to show up on top of your Mitchell window before 8.3.1.40. I took a screenshot of how this shows up on my window. Again, no the end of the world, just have to move the box with keyboard hotkeys I have set up.

3) WIP Screen sorting by Labor Tech bogs down the ENTIRE computer and makes it unusable. This has been happening for a few years. It's been replicated on several different PCs that run mitchell including my own. Only use it when searching for extra invoices for a technician paycheck, but still it's rough and if I forget to resort by like Invoice Number, I will wonder by my computer is going so slowly. My PC is good too: i7-11700, GTX 1080, 16gb ddr4 ram, so it's not an issue of an underpowered PC. Admittedly, we do have about 259 things on the WIP right now, that could be part of the issue, but the rest of the sort columns work fast. So it leads me to believe it's an issue with that specific column.

Again, thank you for your time. I do not want to look like a complainer at all, I am a HUGE Mitchell1 fan as you can tell from how long we have been using the products. I just try to work as efficiently and effectively as possible and sometimes the changes don't always go in the direction that we hope ;) If anything doesn't make sense or you would like to use the Teamviewer tool to see some of this, let me know.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (32.42 KiB) Viewed 3617 times
2.png
2.png (101.33 KiB) Viewed 3617 times
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Doesn't look like you're complainer at all, with all new versions of the software there are going to be changes that each person likes and doesn't like. We are always looking for feedback from our users to best improve the software to what fits into as many shops are possible.

I'll take a look into the batch payments window location pop and get the feedback to our team about the sorting. As for the WIP sorting I'll take a look to see what we can do about improving the speed of the sorting. Having 260ish items in the WIP could play a part since that is one of the few "dynamic" fields on the WIP.
M1 Product Manager
bonabros1956

Post by bonabros1956 »

Another thing I have noticed but just accepted and lived with for a long time is when you apply a full payment on an invoice on the WIP, it asks you if you would like to post the invoice. You can either click yes or no, but it feels like you should be able to just hit the Escape key to close that window like if you clicked No. Again, not a huge issue, but one more time that the mouse hand has to move more than it might need too depending on where that box populates on your screen which for me is in the middle of a 34" screen which isn't ideal because sometimes I do have Mitchell off to the side when I am applying a bunch of payments to WIP invoices.
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

I think the tabbing issue has been there for some time on the payment screen. It is that way on 8.3.1.40 as well. I haven't had time to update to the new version yet.
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb

Return to “Technical Issues”