Alternate Part Number pulls up wrong pricing

Manager SE specific technical issues
mopar-mechanic

Alternate Part Number pulls up wrong pricing

Post by mopar-mechanic »

I have entered in the Barcode for our oil drain plugs and gaskets so the tech can scan the barcode and add the gasket to the invoice when used. Now with all the price changes those gaskets and plugs are coming up as the initial pricing and not the adjusted inventory pricing. example part number in inventory is 17629pk priced at x=cost and y=sale, scanned barcode is 814792584 and when scanned pulls up price x=old cost y=new sale.
But if I go into the work order, type in 17629pk all the correct pricing is there, when i type in 814792584 the system does not bring up the part unless I go into inventory then asks to use alternate part and the correct pricing is displayed
Garage owner/operator entrepreneur
Shopkey Pro Se with Bolt-on addition
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Alternate Part Number pulls up wrong pricing

Post by megoff »

Hi Mopar-Mechanic, when it comes to alt part and making sure things are linked correctly these can be a little tricky. Please give tech support a call and mention you're from the forum.
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

mopar-mechanic wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:50 pm
, when i type in 814792584 the system does not bring up the part unless I go into inventory then asks to use alternate part and the correct pricing is displayed
When using an alternate part number for direct entry onto an order, you must use the TAB key after entering the known Alt number, not the Enter key. When in the Inventory search window, enter will functionally bring up alt parts.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
mopar-mechanic

Post by mopar-mechanic »

This turns to be a potential BOLT ON issue, as scanning the items barcode (alternate number) using the tech tablet it is pulling old data and not current data for pricing as well not giving the customer discount and using average cost vs. actual cost as a reference. If we manually enter in the barcode number on the workstation, the correct information is transferred.
Garage owner/operator entrepreneur
Shopkey Pro Se with Bolt-on addition

Return to “Technical Issues”