8.5 with 2 phones for texting

Manager SE specific technical issues
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

8.5 with 2 phones for texting

Post by sbebenelli »

I upgraded to 8.5 and found out you no longer can have 2 phone numbers marked for texting. You can only have 1. What are we supposed to do when one time the husband drops the car off and we are supposed to text him and another time the wife drops it off and we are supposed to text her? Or we have multiple cars per account and we text whoever drives that car?

Who in the world thinks we would only ever text one person per account? Why do we keep going backwards when we have an update?

I always see complaints in the Mitchell Facebook page about unhappy customers switching to another program and saying how far ahead that program is. I'd think Mitchell would want to go forward with updates not backwards.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

RE: 8.5 with 2 phones for texting

Post by megoff »

Hi Damie,

Yes this is an issue that was brought to our attention just a few hours ago and is already with our development team to resolve the issue ASAP. I understand this is frustrating not being able to have more than one phone number set to "Mobile/Text" under Standard Descriptions -> Phone, this does not stop you from texting any of the phone numbers you have set on the customer as a Mobile/Text number. The feature of setting the type was introduced to speed up the selection of the Cell number when you are texting a customer, having multiple numbers assigned as "Mobile/Text" does not make it so you can only text those numbers.

Any customer that has 8.5.0.2 will be getting the update just as soon as we have the issue resolved.
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli

Re: 8.5 with 2 phones for texting

Post by sbebenelli »

megoff wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:30 pm
Hi Damie,

Yes this is an issue that was brought to our attention just a few hours ago and is already with our development team to resolve the issue ASAP. I understand this is frustrating not being able to have more than one phone number set to "Mobile/Text" under Standard Descriptions -> Phone, this does not stop you from texting any of the phone numbers you have set on the customer as a Mobile/Text number. The feature of setting the type was introduced to speed up the selection of the Cell number when you are texting a customer, having multiple numbers assigned as "Mobile/Text" does not make it so you can only text those numbers.

Any customer that has 8.5.0.2 will be getting the update just as soon as we have the issue resolved.
Thanks for the heads up on still being able to text numbers not marked as mobile. When I explained my frustration with tech support he must not have realized this because he agreed with me.

Why was the WIP screen made less bold looking? I find it harder to see.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

RE: 8.5 with 2 phones for texting

Post by ricmorin »

The WIP screen went to a newer programming style called Dev Express. All the screens will go there eventually. I found the font a little small at first too. Depending on your screen res., you can change the font size by going to 125%. This worked well for me on a UHD monitor. On smaller monitors changing the font size can cause display issues with other windows, so tread carefully. There is also a dark mode which my SA loves. You can now delete columns completely that you don't need. With a little tweaking I got a satisfying result, including using the yellow background again.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
pfainc
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: RE: 8.5 with 2 phones for texting

Post by pfainc »

ricmorin wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:26 pm
The WIP screen went to a newer programming style called Dev Express. All the screens will go there eventually. I found the font a little small at first too. Depending on your screen res., you can change the font size by going to 125%. This worked well for me on a UHD monitor. On smaller monitors changing the font size can cause display issues with other windows, so tread carefully. There is also a dark mode which my SA loves. You can now delete columns completely that you don't need. With a little tweaking I got a satisfying result, including using the yellow background again.
Where is this mysterious dark mode setting found?

Thanks!
Bruce Ordway
Phil's Foreign Auto
ricmorin

Re: 8.5 with 2 phones for texting

Post by ricmorin »

Go to the Splash screen, select Configurations> Special Maintenance> WIP Grid Colors. The three themes are across the top.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Technical Issues”