Update 8.5.02

Manager SE specific technical issues
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Update 8.5.02

Post by brianp87 »

I just did the current update and the font is to small. Did I change something on accident. I do not remember a setting for font only color.
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Re: Update 8.5.02

Post by sbebenelli »

brianp87 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:36 pm
I just did the current update and the font is to small. Did I change something on accident. I do not remember a setting for font only color.
I agree it's to small. I guess it's nothing we can change. Just gotta live with it. :shock:
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

The font did change due to the upgrade in the feature set of the WIP. I'm looking to see if that could be addressed in a future update.
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

brianp87 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:36 pm
The WIP screen went to a newer programming style called Dev Express. All the screens will go there eventually. I found the font a little small at first too. Depending on your screen res., you can change the font size by going to 125%. This worked well for me on a UHD monitor. On smaller monitors changing the font size can cause display issues with other windows, so tread carefully. There is also a dark mode which my SA loves. You can now delete columns completely that you don't need. With a little tweaking I got a satisfying result, including using the yellow background again.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by MURRI513 »

How do you deltete columns you don't use? That would be great. I usually push them out so I don't see them.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

If you right click the column you wish to hide you are able to "Hide This Column"
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by ShopManTim »

megoff wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:24 am
If you right click the column you wish to hide you are able to "Hide This Column"
Ok. So I click a column to hide it but the next time I go to use the WIP screen, that column is back. Extremely annoying. What do I need to do to permanently hide a chosen column?
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Do you have multiple workstations? If so, are they running the same user? (this can be checked by the user at the bottom right of the Management Software) If the users are the same or multiple stations have the same user, close ALL machines running SE, open one station, make the changes for the columns you'd like, close SE. Now the column will be gone.
M1 Product Manager
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

I just updated to 8.5.02 yesterday and even though the font is somewhat "smaller, ie. different", the entire program is noticeably faster and smoother.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

megoff wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:07 am
Do you have multiple workstations? If so, are they running the same user? (this can be checked by the user at the bottom right of the Management Software) If the users are the same or multiple stations have the same user, close ALL machines running SE, open one station, make the changes for the columns you'd like, close SE. Now the column will be gone.
I too am having issues. I'm well aware of the station closing issue, and followed this exactly. My WIP has been perfect for 2 weeks. Suddenly today, all back to default on EVERY user, not just mine. Changed mine back on one workstation and walked away. 5 minutes later it's back to default AGAIN!!!!!!!!
603-622-6434 x203

megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

With the update to 8.5.0.90 to fix a different issue this behavior has changed. When making a change in the WIP please close SE and settings will be saved. Currently if you change the page or leave the system as is the settings will not be saved. This is already with our Dev team to correct.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

ricmorin wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:10 am
megoff wrote:
I too am having issues. I'm well aware of the station closing issue, and followed this exactly. My WIP has been perfect for 2 weeks. Suddenly today, all back to default on EVERY user, not just mine. Changed mine back on one workstation and walked away. 5 minutes later it's back to default AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Same for me. I am extremely annoyed at the behavior of this update. The font size is not the issue but rather the instability of the columns. I do not need, do not even want all the columns that are available and when I "hide" them, in a few minutes they are back. So, I redid the layout and shut down and restarted it. I'll see how this works.
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

ShopManTim wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:35 am
ricmorin wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:10 am
megoff wrote:
Same for me. I am extremely annoyed at the behavior of this update. The font size is not the issue but rather the instability of the columns. I do not need, do not even want all the columns that are available and when I "hide" them, in a few minutes they are back. So, I redid the layout and shut down and restarted it. I'll see how this works.
I've been running the update since yesterday and once I had the setup I wanted and closed and restarted, everything is staying as I need.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I did not shut down my workstation after I made the change. I had walked out of the office and when I returned it was all gone. Not aware of the unintended effect the other programming changes created. I've since shut down and all is good now.

In the past, if the WIP were to revert it always did it on a restart, never while the program was still running. Good to know they are aware and working on it. Thanks!!
603-622-6434 x203

timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

FYI - another method to remove columns is to click on the Columns button at the bottom of WIP.
It opens a box and you can drag unused columns into the box. Drag it back out if you ever want to restore a column.
columns.png
columns.png (24.24 KiB) Viewed 1030958 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

timbre4 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:29 am
FYI - another method to remove columns is to click on the Columns button at the bottom of WIP.
It opens a box and you can drag unused columns into the box. Drag it back out if you ever want to restore a column.
columns.png
Yes well, I tried that and it failed miserably to my frustration.

Now, after I removed the columns I do not want or need and restarted the management system, the one column is always there even though I "hide" it. If this is the best that can be done, well, we'll simply deal with it.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

ShopManTim wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:47 am
timbre4 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:29 am
columns.png
Now, after I removed the columns I do not want or need and restarted the management system, the one column is always there even though I "hide" it.
This was a big change with several conditions attached and we'll keep at it to get as close as we can.
I'm told this method is subject to the same rules as the Hide Column menu option. Which column was it? Could be mandatory to always be displayed.
Tim McDonnell -
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

My WIP resorted itself today after being OK for a couple of days. I made sure I was logged in. I resorted it and within a short time frame it did it again. I resort it on the main computer with others off I then close and restart Mitchell. This is the correct procedure right?

Is this a known problem even after following the "new" procedure?
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

sbebenelli wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:03 pm
My WIP resorted itself today after being OK for a couple of days. I made sure I was logged in. I resorted it and within a short time frame it did it again. I resort it on the main computer with others off I then close and restart Mitchell. This is the correct procedure right?

Apparently. It has become a known problem. I have done this procedure several times with the same results.

For the sake of sanity, my suggestion would be for the powers that be to bring back the previous version. I do not need this kind of stupidity and frustration nor do I want it.

My suggestion would be that they make the WIP screen blank but provide us with a menu of optional columns to place on the screen. Seems to me to be a better method than what we now must deal with.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

sbebenelli wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:03 pm

We are documenting the unintended behavior towards resolution ASAP. Apologies to all for this inconvenience.
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Technical Issues”