Update 8.5.02

Manager SE specific technical issues
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Update 8.5.02

Post by Silky7 »

Hmm. A case could just as easily be made that a someone doesn't want the filter/search to reset. We won't be changing this in the 8.5.1 update cycle, but we're certainly open to feedback for future consideration. As you note, perhaps a setting to automatically clear as a user preference. For now our focus will remain on finalizing the update so everyone can begin to benefit from the other changes/fixes.
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Silky7 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:15 am
Hmm. A case could just as easily be made that a someone doesn't want the filter/search to reset. We won't be changing this in the 8.5.1 update cycle, but we're certainly open to feedback for future consideration. As you note, perhaps a setting to automatically clear as a user preference. For now our focus will remain on finalizing the update so everyone can begin to benefit from the other changes/fixes.
Sounds good ... this may just be something that we will have to get used to. .... looking forward to the next version already.....
I really like the cross reference / Alt PN check or validation or prompt or whatever it is when parts are transferred from a vendor to the order ... something that makes for efficiency !
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by ShopManTim »

megoff wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:07 am
ShopManTim wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:56 am
Ok, so I down loaded the update. Did a backup on the system. Restarted my computer. Started the other work stations. And guess what? I still have the same issue I had before the update. I can "hide" the columns in the WIP screen that I do not want, do not need, or ask for. Will be that way for about 2-3 hours, then back to having all the columns and they are all mixed up.
This was extensively tested for this update. All columns on the WIP are updated in "real time". This means if you make a change to the visibility, order or search ALL workstations with the same user will get the update near immediately.

While we were testing this we had workstations open for days without any settings changing back, unless we made the change manually on one of the workstations.
When I opened my shop management system this morning is the first it stayed the same as the night before. Maybe we are making progress. I'll see how the day goes.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Sadly one of my workstations reset the WIP to default as well. This was the host machine. Manager was running. No other machines had that user applied. Simply reset when I wasn't looking.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

ricmorin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:49 am
Sadly one of my workstations reset the WIP to default as well. This was the host machine. Manager was running. No other machines had that user applied. Simply reset when I wasn't looking.
At the risk of revealing my ignorance, it would seem to me that someone could go into the data logs of my computer (or yours) to determine why the WIP screen is experiencing these issues.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

ShopManTim wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 am
ricmorin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:49 am
At the risk of revealing my ignorance, it would seem to me that someone could go into the data logs of my computer (or yours) to determine why the WIP screen is experiencing these issues.
I'd love to say it's just that simple that the answer is in the logs but even looking at the logs nothing is flashing it's neon lights saying "here's what happened"
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Logs were uploaded yesterday. I have no idea if they contain the information needed to identify the cause. I know they are working on it. I'm sure this is as frustrating for them as it is for us.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Not sure how to ask this without sounding like a smart$$$. Why was the WIP changed in the 1st place?
Dan
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

GUTHTIRE wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:01 am
Not sure how to ask this without sounding like a smart$$$. Why was the WIP changed in the 1st place?
To put it a little more tactfully...can you tell us what future benefit(s) we may glean from the WIP's technology change?
Dan
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

GUTHTIRE wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:01 am
No worries. I wrote this up yesterday to provide an overview of WIP changes. Should give you an idea of the goals involved.
https://mitchell1.com/shopconnection/ma ... -your-way/
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

When I started the computer today the WIP screen had reset itself.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

sbebenelli wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:59 pm
When I started the computer today the WIP screen had reset itself.
Can you provide any additional detail? I.e., did the font size change? Column Order? Column visibility? Background or row colors?
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

It rearranged everything. The hidden columns were added back to the WIP screen. Font size, colors did not change.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

sbebenelli wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:47 pm
It rearranged everything. The hidden columns were added back to the WIP screen. Font size, colors did not change.
So column order/position and hidden/visible. Thanks. We cannot nail down what is causing this just yet. Make no sense from a technical perspective to stay for days then suddenly change. If you think of anything else, please let us know.
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Another issue for the Pros to repair....
POs do not show the email field and when attempting to email a PO, a message pops up stating that this vendor does not have a valid email address when i know for sure that it does.
This function used to work to email a PO , but it no longer works in 8.5.1.378
PO Problem.jpg
PO Problem.jpg (103.52 KiB) Viewed 470114 times
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Daniel Kreider wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:01 pm
Another issue for the Pros to repair....
POs do not show the email field and when attempting to email a PO, a message pops up stating that this vendor does not have a valid email address when i know for sure that it does.
This function used to work to email a PO , but it no longer works in 8.5.1.378
PO Problem.jpg
Thanks for this, we'll get this to our dev team
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Another issue. Favorite reports list is forgotten.
This screen used to be full of my favorite reports, and now there are only 3 left.
I do remember using my user account yesterday on a workstation that rarely gets used and finding that the favorite reports list was empty, so i added these 3 reports, only to realize this morning that those are the only 3 showing on my main / master workstation and all of the other reports are no longer showing as favorite?
Can you tell me if this is a flaw or not ?
Reports missing in Favorites list.jpg
Reports missing in Favorites list.jpg (32.89 KiB) Viewed 470095 times
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Daniel Kreider wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:28 am
Another issue. Favorite reports list is forgotten.
This screen used to be full of my favorite reports, and now there are only 3 left.
I do remember using my user account yesterday on a workstation that rarely gets used and finding that the favorite reports list was empty, so i added these 3 reports, only to realize this morning that those are the only 3 showing on my main / master workstation and all of the other reports are no longer showing as favorite?
Can you tell me if this is a flaw or not ?
Reports missing in Favorites list.jpg
This is the first we've heard of anything changing with "Favorite Reports". We'll test this and see if we can replicate the issue. The modifications to reports from the 8.5.x release(s) are as follows:
  • Updated Scheduled Events reports to display Company Name with no order
  • Scheduled Events by Technician date formatting from dd/MM/yyyy to MM/dd/yyy to match all other date/time formatting
  • Program Security for individual reports in Management and Accounting
  • Purchase Orders (Closed Summary, Closed, Open) to display Supplier
  • Deleted Payments will show Refunded (negative) payments.
I'm not seeing any changes for the "Favorite Reports" settings in any of the changes. This User setting still does fall under our legacy settings where if 2 machines share the same user and for some reason they have different settings, the last station to close will "win" for the settings to be for the user.

For these settings we recommend the following:
  1. Closing ALL stations (including ones not using the user in question)
  2. Open the host or primary station
  3. Make all changes you'd like for any and all users
  4. Close primary station
  5. Re-launch all stations and all settings should be set to your liking.
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Thanks ... I will continue testing my system as well ...
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

We just had one of our workstations revert the WIP back to all of the columns showing. Everything else seems to be good, so far. Seems to be really random.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR

Return to “Technical Issues”