Manager SE specific technical issues
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: Update 8.5.02

Post by ShopManTim »

megoff wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:35 am
Sound like this would be something we'd need to look at as this seems a little strange. Please give tech support a call and we can look at what may be causing it.
Well, I'll need to find the time, or should I say make the time for that to happen. But, I do thank you for your input.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
LeapingGecko
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeapingGecko »

ShopManTim wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:01 am
megoff wrote:
Sound like this would be something we'd need to look at as this seems a little strange. Please give tech support a call and we can look at what may be causing it.
Well, I'll need to find the time, or should I say make the time for that to happen. But, I do thank you for your input.
ShopManTim, I looked further into it and it looks like you may be experiencing our issue where the wrong columns are displayed in the New order screen. We're working on correcting this behavior.

To fix it you simply need to toggle the "Display for" to Customer then back to Company. If the issue recurs just repeat this fix, toggling between Customer and Company.

-Adam
M1 Support
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

LeapingGecko wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:15 am
ShopManTim wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:01 am
megoff wrote:
ShopManTim, I looked further into it and it looks like you may be experiencing our issue where the wrong columns are displayed in the New order screen. We're working on correcting this behavior.

To fix it you simply need to toggle the "Display for" to Customer then back to Company. If the issue recurs just repeat this fix, toggling between Customer and Company.

-Adam
Ok, so I tried this and it works. If i can get it that close, I am ok with it but it had not been that way with the prior update.
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Ok, so after a number of weeks of functioning well, this morning I opened my work station only to see that, once again, the columns are all back and totally scattered. I am very disgusted to say the least. At my age and with the duties I have here, I do not need this kind of frustration in my schedule.

So I will reorganize the columns, once again, and see how long it goes till it happens again.
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

ShopManTim wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:28 am
Ok, so after a number of weeks of functioning well, this morning I opened my work station only to see that, once again, the columns are all back and totally scattered. I am very disgusted to say the least. At my age and with the duties I have here, I do not need this kind of frustration in my schedule.

So I will reorganize the columns, once again, and see how long it goes till it happens again.
Similar experience here. Installed the update quite awhile ago, never had a column issue. Just this week we had two different occurrences of the columns rearranging. Can't pinpoint what actions/steps were taken on our end to cause the column shift so we are unable to re-create the problem. It's DEFINITELY annoying!
Dan
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

2 computers both logged in with different usernames after going since my last post today the one on the server just rearranged everything including putting hidden columns back. I know you already know about this issue and this doesn't help other than it helps me get some frustration out.
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Ya know, I am wondering if the powers that be are not trying to ask the system to be able to do too much. And, we as older technicians fail to appreciate the technology like the younger ones do. I am at the point where it would be just as easy for me to revert back to the way I did things 30 years ago when everything was hand written and a physical hard copy of everything was always available the way I wanted it. I am far from being convinced that with all the technology around us that we are better off. Too many problems with it to say nothing of the mental frustration and delay in being efficient.

Just saying.

Having vented some of my feelings, I do want to thank Mitchell 1 for what it has put together. Many thanks!
SHARKTOOTH

Post by SHARKTOOTH »

HELP. MY SCREEN IS STILL NOT RIGHT. THANKS
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

SHARKTOOTH wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:21 pm
HELP. MY SCREEN IS STILL NOT RIGHT. THANKS
This is an old thread; please confirm the version of Manager SE you're running.
The newest release is 8.5.2.670; it's available from Help > Check for Updates if you don't have that yet.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Technical Issues”