Update 8.5.02

Manager SE specific technical issues
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Re: Update 8.5.02

Post by sbebenelli »

I had asked to be in the beta test but It must have got overlooked. Can I be added please?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

8.5.1.378 is now available on m1files.com as line 1. Once the update is downloaded please close all Workstations and apply the update to the Host machine. All Workstations will download the update automatically.
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

megoff wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:17 am
8.5.1.378 is now available on m1files.com as line 1. Once the update is downloaded please close all Workstations and apply the update to the Host machine. All Workstations will download the update automatically.
The link does not work
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

sbebenelli wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:42 am
megoff wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:17 am
The link does not work
Please try again, the link is working internally and externally. If you continue to have issues please contact Tech Support as we are seeing multiple downloads for 8.5.1.378 at the current time.
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

When my mouse is on it it's not a clickable link.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-01 095155.png
Screenshot 2023-02-01 095155.png (73.96 KiB) Viewed 948482 times
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Should just have to click the "Download" to the right. If you're having issues downloading the update please give Tech Support a call we'd love to assist with getting you on the latest release.
M1 Product Manager
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Sorry for the confusion. Please click the "Download" button to the right
Download.png
Download.png (5.07 KiB) Viewed 948474 times
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

I got it. I need new glasses or something. I was trying to click the wrong thing. How embarrassing.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Not to worry at all, m1files has the word download on it 15 times on the main page. It can be a little confusing.
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Daniel Kreider »

megoff wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:12 am
Hi Daniel, I'm seeing your account number is apart of the beta group, but also seeing that you're not on the 8.5.0.x release that would allow you get the new 8.5.1 release. We are planning on making the 8.5.1 release accessible for more people later today. Keep an eye on the top of the forum for an updated image about the 8.5.1 release.
megoff, is the currently available download from m1files the update installer i should use if i am currently running 8.4.1.127 or should i wait until there is an updated header message on this forum?
I had stalled on installing the 8.5.0 release due to all of the complaints i was seeing on the forum here.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

No need to wait. The download link on m1files.com was updated earlier today, and will install over 8.4. The forum header link won't be updated until general release.
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Silky7 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:01 pm
No need to wait. The download link on m1files.com was updated earlier today, and will install over 8.4. The forum header link won't be updated until general release.
Thanks, installed update and all is working well so far...
One thing I am liking already is the supplier name field that was added to the PO window which makes it much easier to identify which vendor parts were ordered from thru PartsTech, MultiSeller etc.
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

Daniel Kreider wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:50 am
Silky7 wrote:
One thing I am liking already is the supplier name field that was added to the PO window which makes it much easier to identify which vendor parts were ordered from thru PartsTech, MultiSeller etc.
Can someone point out where this PO window is? I know we don't utilize the program like we should and I'm trying to learn about things I do not currently do.
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

sbebenelli wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:26 am
Daniel Kreider wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:50 am
Silky7 wrote:
Can someone point out where this PO window is? I know we don't utilize the program like we should and I'm trying to learn about things I do not currently do.
Sure, Click the PO button in your top menu bar which will bring up the window below ... if you are using PartsTech or Nexpart Multi-Seller, this field will be helpful to know which vendor the parts are coming from ....
PO Window.jpg
PO Window.jpg (115.5 KiB) Viewed 948430 times
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Silky7 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:15 am
Daniel Kreider wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:48 am
Please count us in for beta testing. Will there be a mechanism to submit improvement requests ?
Thanks. As for a mechanism to request enhancements or report issues - you're in it. :D
Silky7, here is an issue i am seeing as of this AM running the latest update that i know of ...
Previously ordered parts are not automatically filtered out of the parts ordering window ... previously they were hidden unless "show all parts" was selected.
Parts ordering window.jpg
Parts ordering window.jpg (167.52 KiB) Viewed 948426 times
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Daniel, thanks for reporting this. It appears that the order lines are being update with the blue/green backgrounds, also when the parts are received from the PO the Parts Ordering window is updated.

Currently with AcDelco - Enhanced, Nexpart - Enhanced, Nexpart Multi-Seller and PartsTech the parts ordering window is updating at the time of order.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by ShopManTim »

Ok, so I down loaded the update. Did a backup on the system. Restarted my computer. Started the other work stations. And guess what? I still have the same issue I had before the update. I can "hide" the columns in the WIP screen that I do not want, do not need, or ask for. Will be that way for about 2-3 hours, then back to having all the columns and they are all mixed up.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

ShopManTim wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:56 am
Ok, so I down loaded the update. Did a backup on the system. Restarted my computer. Started the other work stations. And guess what? I still have the same issue I had before the update. I can "hide" the columns in the WIP screen that I do not want, do not need, or ask for. Will be that way for about 2-3 hours, then back to having all the columns and they are all mixed up.
This was extensively tested for this update. All columns on the WIP are updated in "real time". This means if you make a change to the visibility, order or search ALL workstations with the same user will get the update near immediately.

While we were testing this we had workstations open for days without any settings changing back, unless we made the change manually on one of the workstations.
M1 Product Manager
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Daniel Kreider wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:08 am
Silky7 wrote:
Daniel Kreider wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:48 am
Please count us in for beta testing. Will there be a mechanism to submit improvement requests ?
Thanks. As for a mechanism to request enhancements or report issues - you're in it. :D
Silky7, here is an issue i am seeing as of this AM running the latest update that i know of ...
Previously ordered parts are not automatically filtered out of the parts ordering window ... previously they were hidden unless "show all parts" was selected.
We'll be addressing this issue and providing a new update of 8.5.1 in the next couple of of weeks.
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Silky7 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:27 am
Daniel Kreider wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:08 am
Silky7 wrote:

We'll be addressing this issue and providing a new update of 8.5.1 in the next couple of of weeks.
Thanks! Another thing that would be a great improvement is if the WIP screen would return to full view instead of filtered view after opening an order and returning back to the WIP screen for the next customer or order.
Usually we search for an order and open it and then when returning to WIP screen we are ready to move onto the next job instead of seeing the filtered items again.
Maybe this could be a setting to turn off full (Unfiltered) view on return to WIP screen?
WIP Screen.jpg
WIP Screen.jpg (138.19 KiB) Viewed 948383 times

Return to “Technical Issues”