Manager SE specific technical issues
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Update 8.5.02

Post by Silky7 »

DynaBMan wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:55 am
We just had one of our workstations revert the WIP back to all of the columns showing. Everything else seems to be good, so far. Seems to be really random.
Larry, was this after a period of inactivity? E.g., first launch of the morning? Or during regular use?
M1 Product Manager
DynaBMan
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by DynaBMan »

Silky7 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:53 am
DynaBMan wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:55 am
We just had one of our workstations revert the WIP back to all of the columns showing. Everything else seems to be good, so far. Seems to be really random.
Larry, was this after a period of inactivity? E.g., first launch of the morning? Or during regular use?
It was when the workstation was first started in the morning, after sitting idle all night long. The computer had been in sleep mode, but ShopKey was completely shut down.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
Daniel Kreider
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Another change from last version ... Quantity on PO is in this example 5 and when opening the item / detail line, the quantity changes to only 1
I am sure that previously the quantity on the item detail window stayed the same as what the PO showed
Curser location also auto selects the quantity field on the Edit / Recieve items window when that window is open.
PO Problem.jpg
PO Problem.jpg (165.32 KiB) Viewed 316404 times
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Daniel Kreider wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:25 pm
Another change from last version ... Quantity on PO is in this example 5 and when opening the item / detail line, the quantity changes to only 1
I am sure that previously the quantity on the item detail window stayed the same as what the PO showed
Curser location also auto selects the quantity field on the Edit / Recieve items window when that window is open.
PO Problem.jpg
Thanks for the report of this. We've heard another user mention this today. We are trying to replicate in house and get to the bottom of it.
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

Are ordered parts now showing in the order parts window or is this a bug?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-09 100841.png
Screenshot 2023-02-09 100841.png (46.16 KiB) Viewed 316376 times
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

sbebenelli wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:09 am
Are ordered parts now showing in the order parts window or is this a bug?
This is being addressed in the next release.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

We now have gone several days without an issue of the WIP columns coming back and being all mixed up. The longest since a prior update. It has been a relatively easy week. Hope this pattern continues next week.

Thanks guys!
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

The finalized release version (8.5.1.419) is now available to those of you in the beta. Thanks again for all your reports during this process.
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Thanks for all of your efforts to address the issues that were turned in !
It is wonderful to be able to help enhance this product.

Here is another issue that we discovered.
When attempting to change an order staus on the WIP screen after searching for it, right or left clicking on the status field does not drop down the list to select from.
Hopefully this screenshot helps to explain ....
WIP Screen Status Issue.png
WIP Screen Status Issue.png (201.75 KiB) Viewed 316336 times
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

As of this morning, our program is working better than it ever has, including the drop down list of status.
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

ShopManTim wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:50 am
As of this morning, our program is working better than it ever has, including the drop down list of status.
Interesting. Is that on the search results (filtered) view of your WIP screen or is that in the full (unfiltered) view?
The symptoms are still the same for us as of this am.....
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Well, I have tried it both ways. As I mentioned, so far, and I want to say that carefully, but so far it has been working better than before. I do tend to like it.
MIDMOTRUCK

Post by MIDMOTRUCK »

megoff wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:25 pm
Daniel Kreider wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:25 pm
PO Problem.jpg
Thanks for the report of this. We've heard another user mention this today. We are trying to replicate in house and get to the bottom of it.
Can you share more information regarding the PO issues? We are having the same thing happen and it is receiving more in than it should, as well, it will not let you issue a negative number to remove the ones it added.
MID-MISSOURI TRUCK & TRAILER PARTS, LLC
2480 E LIBERTY ST
MEXICO, MO 65265
Ph: 573-581-6400 FAX: 573-581-3030
MIDMOTRUCK@HOTMAIL.COM
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

I come into my office at the end of lunchtime to see that without anyone touching the screen or my computer I now have all the columns present and in different order than anytime before. Obviuosly, the problem is not fixed yet.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

ShopManTim wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:16 am
I come into my office at the end of lunchtime to see that without anyone touching the screen or my computer I now have all the columns present and in different order than anytime before. Obviuosly, the problem is not fixed yet.
We're definitely still investigating the reset of column order/size/visibility. Thus far, it has been so random it's difficult to reproduce and troubleshoot. But we are still looking.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Again, an hour and a half later, I come into my office, and the same thing. All the columns are back and all mixed up. This is twice in 2 hours.
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

So, this morning I came into my office, opened up Shop Management, it was fine. My coworker got in, he opened up his management system and bingo! Everything went to all the columns and all mixed up. Obviously we aint to the bottom of this yet.
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

And so, the frustration continues. When my coworker went to open his laptop in his work area, I was sitting at my desk and I watched in disbelief as the columns on the office computers all reverted back to all the columns and all mixed up. I am wondering if we may have a software/hardware conflict on our end? This is the third time this Friday morning I have had this rearranging. What am I missing?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Hey ShopManTim, we know there is still something causing the WIP to revert for some customers. We have not been able to find a common link or what's causing the reset. From what it sounds like at the shop the laptop and the office computer use the same User within SE. The only time we've seen the WIP modify live now is if computers share the same user and for some reason one of the computer resets the WIP.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Well, keep working on it because it just reset itself again. The 4th time in as many hours. I'm letting it this way. I'm weary of trying to keep it like I want it.

Return to “Technical Issues”