History search jumps to first history invoice

Manager SE specific technical issues
DynaBMan
100 Club: Active Contributor

History search jumps to first history invoice

Post by DynaBMan »

I am using 8.5.1.419 and am seeing an issue with the vehicle history. If I try to search a particular customer or vehicle history, whether by browsing through the history, or by searching for a key word, the focus always returns to the first history invoice

Expected behavior has always been retaining the focus on the history invoice I choose from the list. In other words, I can scroll through several invoices and when I close the history invoice that I am viewing, the focus stays on it so I can continue to browse. With the new version (it started with the first version that implemented the new WIP), it jumps back to the first invoice listed in the history. So, if I have scrolled through several pages of history invoices, I have to scroll down to find where I was. Much of the time, this is not a problem, but when I am searching for a particular item on an invoice (not knowing exactly how it is worded, but knowing the general time frame), it is quite cumbersome for me to scroll back through the same pages of invoices.

I hope this is clear enough. I tend to ramble on at times. :)
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: History search jumps to first history invoice

Post by megoff »

Hey Larry,
This is something we have noticed when looking at the history items. We are looking into what caused the issue and what needs to be done to correct this.
M1 Product Manager
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

megoff wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:28 am
Hey Larry,
This is something we have noticed when looking at the history items. We are looking into what caused the issue and what needs to be done to correct this.
Thanks for the update. I suspected you guys were looking at it, but wanted to make sure.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

DynaBMan wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:24 am
I am using 8.5.1.419 and am seeing an issue with the vehicle history. If I try to search a particular customer or vehicle history, whether by browsing through the history, or by searching for a key word, the focus always returns to the first history invoice

Expected behavior has always been retaining the focus on the history invoice I choose from the list. In other words, I can scroll through several invoices and when I close the history invoice that I am viewing, the focus stays on it so I can continue to browse. With the new version (it started with the first version that implemented the new WIP), it jumps back to the first invoice listed in the history. So, if I have scrolled through several pages of history invoices, I have to scroll down to find where I was. Much of the time, this is not a problem, but when I am searching for a particular item on an invoice (not knowing exactly how it is worded, but knowing the general time frame), it is quite cumbersome for me to scroll back through the same pages of invoices.

I have also been experiencing the same issue.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

ShopManTim wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:44 am
DynaBMan wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:24 am

I have also been experiencing the same issue.
It makes for a very cumbersome search through the history of a vehicle or customer.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR

Return to “Technical Issues”