Email Purchase Orders

Manager SE specific technical issues
Daniel Kreider
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Email Purchase Orders

Post by Daniel Kreider »

We have been having issues when attempting to email a manually generated PO to our vendor.
Previous to the last update we could simply click the email button and a PDF would auto generate to our default mail client as a new email with the vendor's email prefilled in the address field.
Now, after the last update, the email field on the PO does not show the vendor email attached to the prefilled vendor name on the PO.
When clicking the Email button, the message comes up that the vendor does not have a valid email address. After entering the valid vendor email into this window and clicking OK, the next message window that pops up says "vendor not found"... the vendor could not be found in the database. after clicking OK, nothing happens. After these steps have been completed, the Email button can be clicked again and the auto generated email window opens with the PDF attached, but is still incomplete with no vendor in the subject line and no personal addressee in the text portion of the email.

Anyone else having these issues since 8.5.1.419 ?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Email Purchase Orders

Post by ricmorin »

Yup. Same results here.

I have never tried this until today. We have no need to email PO's
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Daniel Kreider wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:26 am
We have been having issues when attempting to email a manually generated PO to our vendor.
Previous to the last update we could simply click the email button and a PDF would auto generate to our default mail client as a new email with the vendor's email prefilled in the address field.
Now, after the last update, the email field on the PO does not show the vendor email attached to the prefilled vendor name on the PO.
When clicking the Email button, the message comes up that the vendor does not have a valid email address. After entering the valid vendor email into this window and clicking OK, the next message window that pops up says "vendor not found"... the vendor could not be found in the database. after clicking OK, nothing happens. After these steps have been completed, the Email button can be clicked again and the auto generated email window opens with the PDF attached, but is still incomplete with no vendor in the subject line and no personal addressee in the text portion of the email.

Anyone else having these issues since 8.5.1.419 ?
This issue has been fixed for the next update.
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Thanks Silky7 ! I am getting more and more ready for the update !

Return to “Technical Issues”