Fleet Reporting Issue

SocialCRM markets with data from Manager SE
integrity1
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Fleet Reporting Issue

Post by integrity1 »

In setting up SocialCRM for my shop, I was asked if I wanted my settings to "Exclude fleets with ## of cars or greater"

What field controls whether a customer record is considered a "Fleet", and how do I report on my fleet sales only? All I can find is the report allowing me to see which customers are currently not set at the default labor rate...which of course, doesn't give me the ability to enter date range, or report on the basis of WHICH labor rate is being reported on...

I hired an outside sale rep to do nothing but drum up & maintain relationships with company accounts. He is only paid based on the sales performance...yet I can't isolate the "Fleet" accounts & accurately report on them as a MARKETING GROUP by date range. Any suggestions?
Gary R
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: Fleet issue

Post by Gary R »

On the customer tab, there is a field for referral. You could enter the salespersons name there and then run the date range-able report 'referral- friend/customer. This will give total sales amounts for the date range, but unfortunately not broken down by individual customers. I am guessing other users may have suggestions.
Gary Radtke
Service Manager
Clavey Auto Service
http://www.claveyauto.com
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

There is no parameter to define a customer as "fleet". You might however use Company Names in some regard. I believe SocialCRM is just looking at the number of vehicle records under a given customer's name. Best to contact them to confirm that is the criteria. Additionally, the Source field on the Oder screen can be used to code invoices as to how they came to be written (coupon, outside sales person, fleet guru, whatever). This activity is calculated under the Referral - INV Source report.

Referral = How did this customer get in the database? (marketing, friend, etc.)
Source = How did we come to write this invoice? (coupon, website, outside sales, etc.)
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
integrity1

Post by integrity1 »

It sounds like the best work-around so far, in lieu of a real solution, Tim.

The challenge there, of course, is that there's no flag that mandates the SOURCE code on any given repair order, and a service adviser forgetting to set the code, much less set it correctly to give credit to the outside sales rep can really cause problems, as it will mess with someone's livelihood.

The MARKETING GROUP function, reported on by group / sales / date filter is the answer. Can I be kept in the loop on this?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Fleet Reporting Issue

Post by timbre4 »

In the same manner that users can forget to use the Source feature, I am only human too and cannot keep track of every conversation as well as I would like.

Please know that this was added to the enhancement request list per the request in that topic area.
Tim McDonnell -
integrity1

Post by integrity1 »

Thank you, sir - this has been helpful. I will keep checking back...and continue to touch base with my outside sales rep in this regard.
integrity1

Post by integrity1 »

This still hasn't been implemented yet, and would be useful to many, I think. The Mitchell Manager already lets us assign up to 7 "Marketing Groups", but there's no way to report on them,making the information accessible/valuable. Any word on whether this is still in the works?

CUSTOMER TAB ----> MARKET ----> Customer Personal Information (Group Affiliation 1-7)

A report on Sales $ by date range, by Marketing Group would be a powerful tool...
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

There is no progress to report at this time.

All resources have been focused on getting the new Scheduler ready for the imminent SE 7.0 release. This is a HUGE project, perhaps the biggest change in Manager's 20 year history. Once the AAPEX show (10 days from now) and the SE 7.0 release (with new Scheduler module and Plate 2 VIN) is made available (Nov/Dec) and we work through what is sure to be a hectic period of adjustment with that, to make certain it's performing as expected, then we can come back and take a look at some of these requests next year.
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “SocialCRM”