CRM Old Recommendation?

SocialCRM markets with data from Manager SE
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

CRM Old Recommendation?

Post by brianp87 »

So I had a customer bring in a postcard they received recently. It said our records show your yad yad is due for 99,000 mile maintenance and a recommended service note of Front brakes @ approx.: 92,000 miles. The problem is those brakes were done at the 92,000 mile mark? The recommendation was removed then(slightly over a year ago)? The vehicle has been in 4 times since the recommendation was removed yet it still came on the post card? The crm department said it is how it is supposed to work and that since the fact she has not had a post card reminder since that recommendation was removed its supposed to send it? Its been over a year and 4 services ago? Sorry to rant but the crm program's lack of accuracy is very disheartening especially since they have access to our database. Its embarrassing when get these in like this. :oops: Anyone have ideas?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: CRM Old Recommendation?

Post by ricmorin »

I don't think it works that way. If memory serves, the posted invoice acts as an updater. I would have expected the deleted recommendations to be updated with such.

I am not experiencing this phenomenon. Maybe Tim can make an inquiry up the line on your behalf.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

That got underway yesterday, waiting for additional information about the rules in play.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I figured as soon as the work was done and the recommendation was removed it would be gone. That makes sense to me anyways. I have the postcard and its on there which I thought was weird. I let the customer know it was a glitch and that the work had indeed been done a little over a year ago.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

What's possibly concerning here is the last Recommendation is picked up and copied into a CRM queue; once there, it has no knowledge of being deleted in Manager SE if that has occurred. Could be a timing problem?
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

The vehicle had been in 4 times since the recommendation was removed and 5 times since it was added. Each time with a closed invoice and accurate mileage inputed.
To Infiniti and Beyond

Post by To Infiniti and Beyond »

The good news is that we DO remove deleted Recommendations and this was a very rare case. (Sorry about this convoluted answer below but sometimes you just don't want to know how the sausage is made).

The bad news is that we created this unique problem when we back-filled IDs for all recommendations (previously extracted) in roughly December-ish 2013. From that point forward we began using the unique IDs from ManagerSE to determine the age/uniqueness of the recommendation (Manager 5.9 had no unique IDs). We think this is one of the recommendations that we messed up the ID when we back filled them and was therefore not deleted when we got the delete recommendation record (different ID) from ManagerSE. At this point 99.9% of vehicles from that time frame have received a service reminder and therefor would not be sent an out of date recommendation (see rule #2 below).

Here are the current rules for OE Service Reminders Recommendations:

1. During the nightly reminders process, we find the ‘best’ recommendation for each eligible vehicle. All these recommendations MUST be:
• not deleted
• not been sent on a previous service reminder
• received AFTER we last sent a service reminder containing a recommendation to the vehicle
The recommendation we select will be either:
• the most recent or
• have the longest text if the most recent dates are the same
2. Once service reminders are sent, for each vehicle receiving a service reminder, we mark ALL recommendations for the vehicles which received reminders as ineligible to be sent on a reminder (a Recommendation can only be sent once).

***Please note that our Recurring Recommendation Campaign has a different set of rules and we include all current recommendations on them and not just the most recent recommendation such is the case with Reminder postcards and emails.Also with a Recurring Recommendation Campaign a recommendation can be sent more than once if it has not been deleted and it has been 90 days since the previous Recommendation email campaign went out for that vehicle.
Brian Warfield
Sr. Product Manager
Mitchell1
www.mitchell1.com

Return to “SocialCRM”