SocialCRM: Appointment Reminders

SocialCRM markets with data from Manager SE
integrity1
25 Club: Starting Contributor

SocialCRM: Appointment Reminders

Post by integrity1 »

Ok, so maybe someone out there can help with this issue we're having with the appointment reminders portion of SocialCRM...

Soon after signing up for SocialCRM I began receiving calls from customers who were puzzled as to the nature of an email I sent them, reminding them, of an appointment that simply didn't exist. It was determined that since I had an "ESTIMATE" on the WIP screen, (We leave it there, and date it as a prominent reminder to make a followup call for an open estimate after a period of time has passed) that it was also entering an "Scheduler Item" automatically.

At that time, I was told that while there was no way to prevent Mitchell Manager from doing this, that anything on the schedule would in fact, be considered an appointment, and would be sent the email reminders, and that ESTIMATES had to be reflected on the schedule.

Disappointed in the service, we had to "Schedule" the ESTIMATE lines, serving as reminders for followup service only, for a date in the past, and leave a note on each one indicating when we were due to make that followup call. It cluttered the WIP board, and was no longer a practical process, but we had no choice.

Later, Mitchell1 updated the software, giving us the ability to make sure that regardless of the date on the ESTIMATE, that it would NOT show up on the scheduler. Awesome. We began dating the ESTIMATE reminders correctly, reflecting when we were to followup on them, and made sure the little box was unchecked, preventing them from showing up on the scheduler, thus NOT getting an appointment reminder email from you. It worked WONDERFULLY.

Then Mitchell1 posted another, unrelated update (6.6.10), and although the ESTIMATES still aren't showing up on the schedule, it appears that the SocialCRM software is mailing appointment reminders based on what's on the WIP screen, now. It worked great for months, until that update, and then in the same week we updated to 6.6.10, we received 5 phone calls from puzzled customers again wondering about the email they received. Is there a reason that ESTIMATES are being considered appointments by SocialCRM? This isn't my imagination.

In what circumstance does it make sense to email someone to remind them of an appointment because they asked for an ESTIMATE on service? Why should an open estimate on the board trigger an email? Why isn't SocialCRM using the scheduler for determining who to send an email to anymore?

Please help.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: SocialCRM: Appointment Reminders

Post by timbre4 »

I'm forwarding an inquiry about this 6.6.10 behavior now; please stay tuned
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Would you please recheck this setting to see if it slipped back with 6.6.10?
estcrm.png
estcrm.png (15.96 KiB) Viewed 3386 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
integrity1
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by integrity1 »

timbre4 wrote:Would you please recheck this setting to see if it slipped back with 6.6.10?
estcrm.png

No, it's still unchecked. I just spoke to Brian Warfield who said that after some digging it was determined that the ESTIMATES, while not "shown" on the schedule, are in fact, still on it. It has allegedly only been a coincidence that we got no reports of it from customers for a good amount of time, until most recently when 6.6.10 came out.

Brian was helpful, too, in fact - he indicated that by not "showing" estimates on the schedule in the upcoming version 7...they will REALLY not be on the schedule, which should fix this problem quite nicely.

So...like so many, I'm eagerly waiting for the 7.0 rollout, and we can test it again.

Return to “SocialCRM”