Customers Receiving Emails on Vehicles They No Longer Own

SocialCRM markets with data from Manager SE
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Customers Receiving Emails on Vehicles They No Longer Own

Post by ARS »

When a customer no longer owns a vehicle we move it to a customer that we've set up as "SOLD". So this vehicle is no longer listed under the customer at all. The problem we are encountering is that the customers are still receiving emails about their vehicles. The customer we are dealing with today has not been in since 5/2017 and has contacted us multiple times that she no longer owns this vehicle. When I look under Social CRM for that customer, the vehicle is still listed under her name and there is no way to remove it. But when you look on Mitchell, there are no vehicles listed under her name. Even after we completely deleted the vehicle, it is still listed on Social CRM. Are there any other steps we can take to stop these emails from going out?
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: Customers Receiving Emails on Vehicles They No Longer Ow

Post by brianp87 »

Contact your crm rep.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I had this problem a while back. It's something to do with their software. I think your rep will tell you this if I remember correctly.....

First turn off the CRM on a vehicle that is going to be deleted. That will get uploaded overnight depending on when the CRM extraction is scheduled. Once it's off, you can do what you want with it; delete it or move it as you see fit.

I thought they overcame this issue years ago.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

From SocialCRM Product Management:

SocialCRM email notifications are driven off of closed repair orders, more specifically the most recent closed repair order. When transferring ownership of a vehicle in Manager SE from one customer record to another, in order for SocialCRM to recognize the change, you’ll need to close out a repair order under the NEW vehicle owner. After SocialCRM completes a daily extraction, the change of ownership should be recognized and all emails will be sent based on the NEW vehicle owner. If the expectation is to not send emails for the vehicles on the NEW customer record, then make sure to use the “no follow-up” options in Manager SE. To mark a customer record as “no follow-up”, select the customer record and uncheck the box next to “Include in CRM Campaign” in the customer snapshot section. To mark a vehicle as “no follow-up”, select the specific vehicle and uncheck the box next to “Include in CRM” on the top right of the vehicle screen (below next inspection date). You should do both.

If you have any further questions on this topic, please contact your dedicated support agent at 888 724 6742.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Thanks Tim, I'm remembering more of this now. :idea:

I think we felt that making a fake repair order was more work than we wanted to do, so we decided to simply mark them as no follow up before deleting. We accomplish the same thing without all the messy-ness of fake repair orders.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Never thought of this! Guess I best remember to do it this way from now on. Thanks you the info!
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.

Return to “SocialCRM”