CRM & Texting

SocialCRM markets with data from Manager SE
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

CRM & Texting

Post by GUTHTIRE »

An automated "Thank You" text msg is sent to customers after service has been complete. The body of the text allows the customer to provide feedback on the service and also to STOP receiving the text messages altogether. If a customer chooses STOP I believe the correct course of action to be to click the SMS Blocked button. This creates a problem in that the customer wishes the automated emails STOP but not all text messages.

Example: (Assume the SMS Blocked button has been selected due to a customer responding STOP to prior text) Customer drops off vehicle, we look @ the vehicle and have prepared an estimate. We call the customer via phone but they are unreachable. Our next course of action would be text the customer for them to call us but we are unable B?C the SMS Blocked button was checked.
Dan
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: CRM & Texting

Post by Rich »

I would believe this is the way is HAS to work by law. The customer replied STOP which makes it so texting them is not a form of communication for them. I believe it is a LAW that you can no longer text them
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Yeah, looks like all or nothing.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

I think it's somewhat misleading. The customer is replying to stop receiving automated texts e.g. how was your visit, please rate us, etc. They aren't replying to cancel all communication via text.
Dan
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Including the STOP option (everything) is a requirement and it's effect is absolute. I believe the only way to keep SocialCRM texts flowing but stop the other shop texting traffic would be to explain to customers you can do that for them if they don't use the STOP option, allowing you to click the SMS Allowed button on the SE customer screen. [I'm already over 160 characters here]
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Just wanted to provide some information for others since I received conflicting info in the past.

1. When a customer receives an automated CRM text msg and replies "Stop" this automatically stops CRM automated texts.

2. Toggle the SMS Allowed button if the customer no longer wishes to receive text messages.

3. Uncheck the Include in CRM Campaign checkbox on the customer page if a customer no longer wishes to be included in CRM email campaigns.

This actually answers my original query. We, the user, do nothing if a customer responds "Stop" to a CRM text...it's automated. ***In the past I was told to toggle one of the SMS Allowed buttons; from either in the Text Message Center or the Customer page. By us clicking the SMS Allowed button it actually "disallowed" one-to one-texting.
Dan

Return to “SocialCRM”