Inventory Parts Sales Detail?

Manager SE Reports & printing
JeromeKoehn
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Inventory Parts Sales Detail?

Post by JeromeKoehn »

Is there a way to pick only one category or even better one product in this report? I don't want to see every product in a report :?
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Inventory Parts Sales Detail?

Post by Johnny5 »

Try the "Part Number Search" report found under the Management report tab
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

We are looking at this too-

We would like to have a report that has Inventory Part Sales by Category-
In which there are real numbers- no averages
That you could pick just one category not every thing in inventory
Also pick a date selections- we want to pick the dates for last year.

We like the Inventory part sales report- we just want to look at one category...
We like the idea of Inventory / Sales History report- but do not like the averages- selling .33 of a oil filter does not work
Inventory part sales detail --we just want how many sold not who to..

The sooner the better on this. We are looking at all inventory right now...
Not sure if Bolt on can help us out...

Thanks
ARS
JeromeKoehn
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by JeromeKoehn »

Hey I'm glad someone else wants this. Who sold to is a nice feature. Little back round, I come from a Retail Farm Store before coming to this Shop. Who sold to was needed to be able to track who bought a certain feed product so if there was ever a problem with to much of a drug or mixed drugs it could be tracked back to who got this and be returned to company. When I first started here at the shop (less then 1 yr here) I showed our parts manager this report from our old system at the retail store, He said no reason to ever need that.. now he see where a report like this could be very helpful. How you ask? Example inventory shows 10 items (whatever item filter, spark plug etc) when we go count theres only 9 here. We can look up that part and see who all bought that part, and now I see Hey I forgot to bill customer Jimmy. In short that's my take on why I would like this feature, any comments would be appreciated. thanks and hope I didn't make this more confusing :?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

JeromeKoehn wrote:Hey I'm glad someone else wants this. Who sold to is a nice feature. Little back round, I come from a Retail Farm Store before coming to this Shop. Who sold to was needed to be able to track who bought a certain feed product so if there was ever a problem with to much of a drug or mixed drugs it could be tracked back to who got this and be returned to company. When I first started here at the shop (less then 1 yr here) I showed our parts manager this report from our old system at the retail store, He said no reason to ever need that.. now he see where a report like this could be very helpful. How you ask? Example inventory shows 10 items (whatever item filter, spark plug etc) when we go count theres only 9 here. We can look up that part and see who all bought that part, and now I see Hey I forgot to bill customer Jimmy. In short that's my take on why I would like this feature, any comments would be appreciated. thanks and hope I didn't make this more confusing :?
If you forgot to bill someone for a part, their name will not show up in ANY report. I'm not sure I follow your logic here.

Now with regards to who purchased a part, there is good reason for this. You have the Part Number search report which can tell you by part number, who purchased that part. That report is date range-able.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ARS

Post by ARS »

I agree- who sold to may have its place...

But we want to sort our inventory by category--- so we can look at one category-- when we are trying to decided whether or not we need to keep an item in inventory or to keep more in stock... we do not want to print out our whole inventory-- plus when we do print out the whole inventory it is not organized by category- so parts are all over the place.. (it is organized by part number).
Also we do not want to print out a bunch of pages of who we sold to-- too much paper shuffling- hard to look at...

Thanks
tmworks

Parts History

Post by tmworks »

We are also looking to be able to look up the part history in detail. We would like to know how many have been sold, to whom (so we can access invoice), and when (for stocking purposes). The graph is pretty however not giving us the details we need. If we can look up a job by a part number we can access the labor, cost, profit, etc.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Parts History

Post by timbre4 »

tmworks wrote:We are also looking to be able to look up the part history in detail. We would like to know how many have been sold, to whom (so we can access invoice), and when (for stocking purposes). The graph is pretty however not giving us the details we need. If we can look up a job by a part number we can access the labor, cost, profit, etc.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. The graph is not the same as a detailed report, which are found under the Reports menu - Inventory tab.

Most likely the Inventory Part Sales Detail (date rangeable) is closest to what you're asking about.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Reports + Printing”