Discount Pay Type

Manager SE Reports & printing
katie042
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Discount Pay Type

Post by katie042 »

On our Fleet accounts they do an auto deposit for their payment. When doing this they get a discount off the payment due. For example, the total owed is $400 and with the auto deposit for payment they get a 2% discount. So the deposit they make is $392. My question is, can I add a "Fleet Discount" to the payment type, so when posting the payment we would key $392 as payment, then $8 to "Fleet Discount"? I'm just not sure how this would report on the Cash Summary report. We wouldn't want the discounts to show up as monies received. If this is not the accurate way to do this, do you have suggestions on how we would post the discounted amount?
Thank you
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Discount Pay Type

Post by timbre4 »

Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
katie042

Post by katie042 »

Thank you! Perfect
katie042

Post by katie042 »

I followed the link that you suggested and setup a pay type for direct deposit. I was going to setup a pay type for Fleet Discount, however my question is that when I go to do this, it takes you to the "Account Class Info" screen and you have to choose either Cash, Check or Credit. If I do this, wouldn't then the discount amount fall on the Cash Summary Report as monies received? I want to be able to key the discount amount to the invoice, to close the invoice out, but I don't want the discount to show as money received by the business, since those were not funds received. Is there another area to set up a field for Fleet discount, or am I not understanding?

Thanks
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

It is necessary to SUBTRACT the $ under that GL account from your actual cash figures.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Reports + Printing”