Low Inventory By Part Number?

Manager SE Reports & printing
JeromeKoehn
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Low Inventory By Part Number?

Post by JeromeKoehn »

Is there a way to break this down by category? I see can do by vendor.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Low Inventory By Part Number?

Post by timbre4 »

There is also a Low Inventory By Part # report under the Inventory tab.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

JeromeKoehn wrote:Is there a way to break this down by category? I see can do by vendor.
I don't think there is a specific report by category. I'm curious why you'd want it displayed that way. Could you share some insight on your methodology?

Typically there'd be only a small number of parts on this list, depending on what you stock and how often you order. We re-order every day, so this report is part of our EOD (end of day) package print out.

As an aside, Mitchell recently added location to the Low Inventory by Part No report. I think it would be great if that report or another like it could be sorted by location. That way you can check physical count before you order much more efficiently. ( I like efficiency)
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
JeromeKoehn
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by JeromeKoehn »

Ric: I guess why I'm looking at this repot is I don't want pages & pages of inventory to look at. Little back round on are shop..We do cars and big trucks and over the counter sales. This is a new process here started with Mitchell in April 2015, right now we have 54 pages of inventory with more to add. The goal is to have all inventory in Mitchell and be able to track everything. Breaking down by category helps with less pages to look at on a report. I can see once we are all set up that report may not be as important. We also use over 25 vendors and not always buying everything from them ( shop for best price) Napa is are main supplier, but I don't want to see everything I buy from them.... I just want filters for example. Lot of rambling but hope this sheds some light on why I was looking for this report.

P.S. I really like this forum for answers to what other shops are doing. Thanks
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Thanks for sharing some insight....

You are correct. Once you're set up, that report will/should not be more than a page or two. You'll need to develop a routine/frequency of checking to keep it that way. As I said, I do it daily.

The only report I can see that breaks down by Category is the Inventory Worksheet. It will print all categories, so I'd print to screen and just select the category of interest to print. On hand Inventory Value also breaks down by Category. You can get other Category based print-outs by going to the Inventory screen, selecting a category and printing.

As far as vendors, you can select up to three for each part; a nice feature.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

We would love an inventory report that breaks up in categories... for the same reason-- we only want to print certain amount of pages... not the whole report. We would like to only print one category at a time. Plus if we print the whole report- we do not have all the parts together- oil fitlers- some start part#'s start with a 2 & some with a 7- so they are spread out between many pages-- the sorting feature by category would put all of those parts together in a concise report.
Thanks,
ARS
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I suggest it might be useful to use the Print button on the Inventory Search screen. Here you can apply Vendor, Category, Part # [partial?], Description combinations to FILTER down to what you need to see. You can see QOH and also what's on order already. Anything @ 0 or negative is programmed to print in RED. :idea:
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ARS

Post by ARS »

Yes, I agree that Zero's & Negatives come out red- But we are also looking at things we are low which is not always at zero or negative- i.e. oil filters- we stock 12- we consider that we are low at around 3 or 4. So sorting by categories just to look at oil filters would be helpful.. some part # start with 2 & some with 7 & some in between. It would be nice if we did not have to sort through pages.

On another thread.. we also requested the Inventory Sales Detail report to be able to sort through for categories.

Both reports would be helpful to make things more concise, conserve paper & our life much easier..

Thanks,
ARS

Return to “Reports + Printing”