Searching For Parts Previously Used?

Manager SE Reports & printing
hbt1959

Searching For Parts Previously Used?

Post by hbt1959 »

Say I use part #ABC123 today on Mrs. Jones’ 2005 Ford Explorer.

6 months later I need to use the same part # on Mr. Smith’s 2006 Ford Expedition. When I am writing Mr. Smith’s estimate I suddenly remember using this same part on another vehicle but I can’t remember who or when. I then remember there being some important factor that I know I am forgetting.

Is there a way to input a part number and search the system for customers and/or vehicles that used this same part?

Thanks.
Nelson D. Beverly
Contact@HarrellAndBeverly.com
Harrell & Beverly Transmissions & Auto Repair
Office: 407-322-8415 / Fax: 407-322-8416
209 West 25th Street, Sanford, FL 32771
Family Owned Since 1959
http://www.HarrellAndBeverly.com
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Searching For Parts Previously Used?

Post by ricmorin »

There sure is! :D

You'll want to use the report called 'Part Number Search' under the Management tab in Reports. There's a date range entry along with a part number and/or description entry window.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
hbt1959

Post by hbt1959 »

Thanks for the update.

I am still working with dummy data that came with the initial install. When I first ran the report nothing returned even though there were invoices on the WIP screen. After a lot of poking around I figured out I had to post an invoice before the results would show in the Parts Number Search report.

Is there a way to have the results show other places a part has been used...like POs, Estimates, ROs, vendor bills, etc...? I am comparing my inquiry to what I'm used to doing in Quickbooks where I can search for a part number and it returns all bills, invoices, and estimates that the part number is used on.
Nelson D. Beverly
Contact@HarrellAndBeverly.com
Harrell & Beverly Transmissions & Auto Repair
Office: 407-322-8415 / Fax: 407-322-8416
209 West 25th Street, Sanford, FL 32771
Family Owned Since 1959
http://www.HarrellAndBeverly.com
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

hbt1959 wrote:Thanks for the update.

I am still working with dummy data that came with the initial install. When I first ran the report nothing returned even though there were invoices on the WIP screen. After a lot of poking around I figured out I had to post an invoice before the results would show in the Parts Number Search report.

Is there a way to have the results show other places a part has been used...like POs, Estimates, ROs, vendor bills, etc...? I am comparing my inquiry to what I'm used to doing in Quickbooks where I can search for a part number and it returns all bills, invoices, and estimates that the part number is used on.
I am very familiar with the Find function in QB. It's very handy. There is no equivalent in Manager; no one search that will explore multiple categories like QB. You can search PO's by field, but you do that within PO's. You can search by part number, but with the aforementioned report. In summary, you can search a lot of things in Manager, just not from one single location like QB. (the idea is cool thought :D )
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Reports + Printing”