Part Sales Report (Matrix)

Manager SE Reports & printing
MattFMN
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Part Sales Report (Matrix)

Post by MattFMN »

Is there a report I'm missing, or is there a way I can export to .csv, that would divide up Parts Sales by range of the Parts Markup Matrix?

Where I'm going with this is I wish to know where the average cost of parts is and what range, in my matrix, do most of my sales occur. If I'm shooting for 55% GP on parts, but I'm selling the VAST majority of my parts in the 40% GP range (a hypothetical number I've conjured for sake of discussion) then I've really stacked the odds against myself to attaining 55% GP.

So a report that would divide those costs up, by ranges I've set in my matrix, by number or % would be of great benefit.

.....I think.....

Thanks!

Later, Matt.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Part Sales Report (Matrix)

Post by ricmorin »

Use the Materials Used Summary and export to Excel. Sort by Cost. Create calculation cells that give you total dollars sales by manually selecting by the ranges you've setup in Manager.

Edit: You'll need to create a new column that multiplies the quantity by the sale price.

Edit2: I did this for fun from some data back a few years. Most of my sales came from the 50 to 100 dollar sales division which was set very near my target margin.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Reports + Printing”