Best Way To Track Jobs?

Manager SE Reports & printing
tmbutitta
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Best Way To Track Jobs?

Post by tmbutitta »

What is the best way to set up the system for easy pulling of reports to find out how many flushes a service manager sold, oil changes, batteries, alignments, etc..
I would like to track this information for a bit, but unsure of an easy way to do this. I am not sure if I have my categories set up correctly for this, or even what reports to use.
I would hate to go through each ticket to get this information.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Best Way To Track Jobs?

Post by timbre4 »

Canned Job Usage would capture all in Canned Jobs at least
Category Profit Summary (with Categories in good shape)
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Another way would be to set up your Service Writers with commission in Manager. (you don't need to pay them this way, just set up in Manager) The resulting reports will show every labor operation their name is tagged on for a specified period of time. The report doesn't group the labors together, but a simple export to Excel and sorting can fix that.

Report Pro from Bolt-On has a sales report for Service Writers that breaks it down to categories (parts, labor and sublet). If you set up your categories right, this report may be helpful.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
tmbutitta

Post by tmbutitta »

Revisiting this.. We now have 4 service advisors, and soon to open a second shop which will have 3.

I would like to ability to track this better to drill down to each service advisors profit margin and sales ability. Also run contests and bonus' based on the results.
timbre wrote:Canned Job Usage would capture all in Canned Jobs at least
Category Profit Summary (with Categories in good shape)
Last i remembered, the canned job usage tracks each canned job overtime its been selected, but not necessarily closed out. So if i added 15 alignments to one order, it would show that canned job usage 15 additional times on that report. Not sure if its still this way, but either way, I don't think either of these reports have the ability to break it down by the service advisor.

ricmorin wrote:Another way would be to set up your Service Writers with commission in Manager. (you don't need to pay them this way, just set up in Manager) The resulting reports will show every labor operation their name is tagged on for a specified period of time. The report doesn't group the labors together, but a simple export to Excel and sorting can fix that.

Report Pro from Bolt-On has a sales report for Service Writers that breaks it down to categories (parts, labor and sublet). If you set up your categories right, this report may be helpful.
I set up the commissions as today, but not sure which report will work for this. And I don't think I can go backwards, but ill look more into this at the end of the week.

The report pro report does pull the total sales of the category together, but it does not break it down into units sold.

As of right now we are just using the honor system and tracking daily sales on paper, but I want to find a better way.

Thanks
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I would like to ability to track this better to drill down to each service advisors profit margin and sales ability. Also run contests and bonus' based on the results.
Sales Summary by Service Advisor shows profit margin by service advisor.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
tmbutitta

Post by tmbutitta »

ricmorin wrote:

Sales Summary by Service Advisor shows profit margin by service advisor.
We use this report daily. But when at the end of the month when one person is significantly lower than the others, i like to drill down into the numbers. Usually once a month I spend 8-12 hours just drilling into numbers to find where the break down is. so right now I am just trying to make a spread sheet that makes it easier and faster. Also something that can be given to each team member.

I guess Finding unit sales on labor per service advisor is really what I'm looking for.

Return to “Reports + Printing”