Part Sales Report with Vendor & MFG

Manager SE Reports & printing
tanyah
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Part Sales Report with Vendor & MFG

Post by tanyah »

Maybe I'm missing it...but I cannot seem to find a report that will give me Part Sales or Purchases that has Vendor and Mfg criteria on it. I am trying to run a report to get me all the AcDelco part that I either sold or purchased from a specific vendor. I would think this would be a typical POS report.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Part Sales Report with Vendor & MFG

Post by timbre4 »

Every report is designed to answer a question in summary or detail fashion; there may not always be consensus on what should be included. There is a Inventory Part Sales By Vendor report, but it lacks the Mfg. Line Code. I suggest running a query from the Inventory List screen by Vendor possibly with Line Code and then using the Print button when you are satisfied with the results on your screen:
vendormfg.png
vendormfg.png (86.86 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Joe Slomka

Post by Joe Slomka »

I too find the reports that are parts related to lack mfg line code. Part numbers without mfg code are useless when running reports. When part vendors come into the shop and want sales info, they want reports that only contain their product. When the Moog rep comes in and wants to know what numbers we're selling he doesn't want partsmaster or another manufacturers parts included on his report. Currently I cannot find a way to run these reports with the necessary info. The reports generated by the inventory list screen do not contain the needed sales history or cost. I hope this is something that Mitchell considers adding.
Joe Slomka

Post by Joe Slomka »

It just seems logical that any time a part number is included in a report the Mfg code should also be included. Even when trying to add a part to an RO, if there are two identical part numbers with different line codes you are prompted for which one. Why not include that on the reports?

Return to “Reports + Printing”