Report: Counter Sales And Fleet?

Manager SE Reports & printing
karlofkassel

Report: Counter Sales And Fleet?

Post by karlofkassel »

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Im curious if anyone can help me I guess I have 2 separate questions but they both effect the end goal.....

Do counter sales hurt your business summary report? We have employees who buy parts at cost and it messes with the margin report at the end of the week.
If we do a counter sale will this solve that problem? If not whats the best way to solve it?

Also, we have developed a few accounts for dealerships in our area and run a different rate and margin altogether; does Mitchell offer a report or a way to separate the margins on business summary report so once again margins wont be off incorrectly due to different requirements?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Report: Counter Sales And Fleet?

Post by ricmorin »

Do counter sales hurt your business summary report? We have employees who buy parts at cost and it messes with the margin report at the end of the week.
If we do a counter sale will this solve that problem? If not what's the best way to solve it?
If you are selling parts at cost, it will impact your reports regardless of whether they are sold in counter sales or invoices. 'Solving' this would only hide the truth IMO.
Also, we have developed a few accounts for dealerships in our area and run a different rate and margin altogether; does Mitchell offer a report or a way to separate the margins on business summary report so once again margins wont be off incorrectly due to different requirements?
The reality is these lower margin accounts impact your business. To maintain fiscal health, you NEED to know the impact of these decisions. Removing them from reporting would be dangerous at best.

As an example, I recently brought on a business account at a reduced rate. One of the reasons was to fill in some unused labor assets. Now my billed hours are up, as is my car count but my average RO has dropped below my threshold. I know I need to act now. If this data wasn't in my reporting, I'd be sitting back as if nothing was wrong.

If you really want, Bolt On offers a report that can exclude categories. If you set up these lower margin accounts under a specific category, you can exclude them in the report. Report Pro from Bolt-On has a number or reports not available in Manager.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Reports + Printing”