How to alter Invoice appearance

Manager SE Reports & printing
EF1Motorsports

How to alter Invoice appearance

Post by EF1Motorsports »

Hi all, is there a way to alter the invoice sheet appearance, for example, move the shops email and web address from the bottom of the invoice up to the top under where our name and address are? Thank you
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: How to alter Invoice appearance

Post by ricmorin »

You can change Invoice templates, but not generally the layout within a template. These are created with Crystal Reports and unless you have that program and are reasonably fluent with it, modifying a template isn't common. Customized templates are overwritten every update.

That said, there are a few different templates to choose from, and if you are a Bolt-On subscriber you get even more.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

It would be really awesome if the bolt on invoices were integrated so we didn't have to click so many things to print them. If I see the flow correctly - we have to choose propak, then report pro then print the invoice? Or am I missing something?
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

rhillig wrote:It would be really awesome if the bolt on invoices were integrated so we didn't have to click so many things to print them. If I see the flow correctly - we have to choose propak, then report pro then print the invoice? Or am I missing something?
There is an easier way......

Leave ReportPro running and minimized. While working in Manager, finish the details of the order. When you're ready to print, simply click over to ReportPro and click on Quick Invoice. This is only 2 clicks and happens very quickly since ReportPro is already running. You can configure Quick Invoice to print as many copies as you desire and to the printer you usually use.
603-622-6434 x203

Gerald Martin
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by Gerald Martin »

Ric is right. And there is yet an easier way. Install the report pro "virtual printer" from inside of report pro. Go to M1 print config page and set the printer for your invoice to "Report Pro". Inside of report pro make sure your quick report is set up (as Ric pointed out). Now from inside of M1 you can click the print button or use the Control-P shortcut to print your invoice. Gerald
rhillig

Post by rhillig »

Gerald Martin wrote:Ric is right. And there is yet an easier way. Install the report pro "virtual printer" from inside of report pro. Go to M1 print config page and set the printer for your invoice to "Report Pro". Inside of report pro make sure your quick report is set up (as Ric pointed out). Now from inside of M1 you can click the print button or use the Control-P shortcut to print your invoice. Gerald
Thank you Gerald - I will check into this!!
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Gerald Martin wrote:Ric is right. And there is yet an easier way. Install the report pro "virtual printer" from inside of report pro. Go to M1 print config page and set the printer for your invoice to "Report Pro". Inside of report pro make sure your quick report is set up (as Ric pointed out). Now from inside of M1 you can click the print button or use the Control-P shortcut to print your invoice. Gerald
Yes, Yes. I should have mentioned that. We don't use it that way because we like to see the output before printing. Very good indeed.
603-622-6434 x203

Leyton

Post by Leyton »

That's a great tip, Gerald. I only wish there was a way to automate that process somehow.

Return to “Reports + Printing”