A/R Date Range To Recreate Statements?

Manager SE Reports & printing
DelHatt
25 Club: Starting Contributor

A/R Date Range To Recreate Statements?

Post by DelHatt »

Why can't a date range be selected to print from? For instance, a customer is late on a payment and needs a faxed copy of the original statement sent. I can no longer generate the same statement unless I still have the original.
The Hudson Valleys PREMIER Alignment Shop.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: A/R Date Range To Recreate Statements?

Post by timbre4 »

Programmatically, factoring a fixed point snapshot of an A/R on a specific day (or date range) is harder than it sounds. Each account has ins & outs (invoices and payments) occurring throughout time; it's infinitely simpler to provide today's snapshot totals than to go back and calculate each account's status (only the ins and outs up to that time) at a particular time.

If the customer has not had any repairs done since the last statement, printing it today would yield the same results. If they did, subtract that amount from the total. Depending on how many charge customers you have, consider making two copies or at minimum, just printing extras for those who are a chronic problem. (repeat offenders)
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: A/R Date Range To Recreate Statements?

Post by ricmorin »

We would keep a copy of the statement that was mailed on file for just such an occurrence. Fortunately, we don't have to anymore as everyone has credit cards today and pays as they go.

I looked through Bolt-On's statements and theirs is not date-rangeable either.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Reports + Printing”