Recommendation list

Manager SE Reports & printing
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Recommendation list

Post by motley06 »

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to print out a list of vehicles that came in about 60 days ago that had recommendations that weren't completed at the time so we can call and try to sell those items again. I'd like it to be a list that me and my front counter assistant can work through together throughout the day/week and mark them off one by one when we're done. Are their any suggested methods, reports, or other ideas for this situation?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Recommendation list

Post by ricmorin »

If you have Bolt On reports, you can run the Open Sub Estimate report (assuming you make a sub-estimate for each recommendation) by date range. It tags the creation date of the sub-estimate.

You can run one of the follow up reports in Manager and date range it as needed. Print the resulting letters. No phone numbers though.

If you are utilizing Bolt-On's invoice that features 'declined work', you can simply go through your copies of past invoices and tag anyone with a declined job. All pertinent data should be right on the invoice.

There may be more.....these come to mind quickly. :oops:
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

motley06 wrote:I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to print out a list of vehicles that came in about 60 days ago that had recommendations that weren't completed at the time so we can call and try to sell those items again. I'd like it to be a list that me and my front counter assistant can work through together throughout the day/week and mark them off one by one when we're done. Are their any suggested methods, reports, or other ideas for this situation?
I don't see where you confirm you marked these Recommendations as printed? IF you didn't, then you should still be able to run a date ranged Followup effort to float these to the surface. Your options would include the actual letters (show recommendations) or printing a list (no details).
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
motley06

Post by motley06 »

I'm thinking the letters might be best, as I can print them all out, put them in a binder of some sort, then throw them away one by one as we work through them
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

motley06 wrote:I'm thinking the letters might be best, as I can print them all out, put them in a binder of some sort, then throw them away one by one as we work through them
That or just browse them on screen; DON'T mark them as printed or your list is gone.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

You can also search recommendations through the calendar on the Message Manager screen. From there you can text a customer the reminder.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

The next version of Manager SE you receive will export recommendations by date, you can also group, filter and sort the output.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Reports + Printing”