Customer List

Manager SE Reports & printing
artadot
100 Club: Active Contributor

Customer List

Post by artadot »

I am trying to find a report to give me a customer list by category. I was using the followup reports but they are not accurate since the last 2 updates.
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Customer List

Post by timbre4 »

artadot wrote:I am trying to find a report to give me a customer list by category. I was using the followup reports but they are not accurate since the last 2 updates.
Could you please characterize what seems out of place? We'll look into that.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
artadot

Post by artadot »

When I select history report , select for customer using a category, it gives me all customers not just the customers in the selected category. I have to select by vehicle to get a list of customers for that particular category. Now, when I use this report by vehicle is not giving me all the customers, I believe it may have something to do with the address not being entered in the customer screen, not sure though. My list on screen showed 32 customers but only printed 30 labels, the 2 it didn't print did not have addresses, but there were 6 other customers that should have been on the list that weren't, their addresses weren't entered as well.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

This singular screen provides filters for many possible queries. After some brief testing, I'd say the Category filter should be used with the By Vehicle option as it is the service history for the vehicle that is referenced in the search to build the list. I also believe there is some logic involved that suppresses customer records with no address in the database. This was created back when the expectation was snail mail only.
Tim McDonnell -
artadot

Post by artadot »

Thank you for your response. I realize that I use this report for a reason that it was not intended for. We have a transmission rebuilding division and I need to identify those customers for accounting purposes, using the follow up report previous to the last 2 updates was perfect. Is there any other way to create a customer list by category?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

It really depends on what the end game is; I think if you had the address info completed for those 6 customer records, you'd get what you're looking for.
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Reports + Printing”