Print Estimate After Converted to R.O.?

Manager SE Reports & printing
SchindlersGarage

Print Estimate After Converted to R.O.?

Post by SchindlersGarage »

Been using the system for a little over 2 years my first time posting on here, so thanks in advance. Most times I work my way through an issue, but this one has popped up a few times lately.

On occasion I have had to add parts to an order after I have converted to a Repair Order.

The issue comes up when I need to print a sheet for the customer, the R.O. print out has no parts listed, only a the total cost.

Is there an easy way to get a print out like an estimate. I have seen the suggestion of selecting the entire order, and then starting a new estimate and pasting that information in the new estimate. The only way I can find other is to go ahead and turn it to an invoice and then add a note to convert it back to the R.O.

This seems like a flaw in the system to me as it should be easy to add a way to print an estimate copy after the initial estimate has been converted.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Printing an Estimate after converted to R.O.

Post by Rich »

I believe you can copy the Ro and paste into a Revision, then print revision.

My system is down right now, so i can try and be 100% sure. But i am sure that is how I do it.

Be sure to delete the revision when done.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Printing an Estimate after converted to R.O.

Post by ricmorin »

SchindlersGarage wrote:Been using the system for a little over 2 years my first time posting on here, so thanks in advance. Most times I work my way through an issue, but this one has popped up a few times lately.

On occasion I have had to add parts to an order after I have converted to a Repair Order.

The issue comes up when I need to print a sheet for the customer, the R.O. print out has no parts listed, only a the total cost.

Is there an easy way to get a print out like an estimate. I have seen the suggestion of selecting the entire order, and then starting a new estimate and pasting that information in the new estimate. The only way I can find other is to go ahead and turn it to an invoice and then add a note to convert it back to the R.O.

This seems like a flaw in the system to me as it should be easy to add a way to print an estimate copy after the initial estimate has been converted.
Welcome to the Forum.

There are different templates for Estimates, Repair Orders and Invoices. You can select them by going to File>Print Setup. It sounds like you have a Repair Order selection that suppresses part details. Which template are you using? If you select one with part detail, when you print from an Order it will show parts.

Once a record is an Order, it's difficult to print anything that states 'Estimate' on it if that's what you are looking for. Rich's workaround will do that for you. If you're ok with a print-out with the words Repair Order on it, find a template that shows parts.

But...…If you are looking to add additional parts to an already approved Order, I would suggest bringing those parts onto the Order via Revisions. There you have a mechanism to document the additional cost with a date and name/number who authorized. This is much easier than trying to print another Estimate with a new amount.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Reports + Printing”