Fix For Random Dates?

Manager SE Reports & printing
papiotire

Fix For Random Dates?

Post by papiotire »

Is there a fix for the random dates that come up on invoices, worksheets, reports, and statements? We have been battling this issue for the last year & a half. Tech support has come into all of my computers and make changes but they only last a week or 2. There is no pattern for when it occurs. Help Please !!!
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Fix For Random Dates?

Post by Silky7 »

It depends on if these dates are truly random, or just odd. For example, support probably explained there are some default date values in the application (1/1/1970 is a prime example) typically used as placeholders until the value is filled in. You could also see 01/01/0001 in that case.

But if the dates do otherwise appear truly random, this is almost certainly an issue on one of your stations, and one we're not going to be able to fix for you. The computer's time and date are used in many instances to timestamp records. We are not using a service to retrieve the time from our servers to create timestamp; it all comes from the local environment (host or station).

I personally know what a pain these can be. If you find that dates are random, but almost always in the past, you may have a system with a dying CMOS battery.
M1 Product Manager
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

I had a hard time understanding why time/date was such a big deal. I actually thought it was just something handy at the bottom of my screen, just there so I didnt have to look at a clock. If I remember correctly we were having issues ordering parts. TS found our time was off by something crazy like 10 minutes they fixed that for me and all the issues were fixed. To me...ten minutes is nothing, should not make a difference to a computers function, but man did it! i don't understand it still, but do realize that things like that matter.

Hope that this is our issue and is an easy fix...
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Rich wrote: To me...ten minutes is nothing, should not make a difference to a computers function, but man did it! i don't understand it still, but do realize that things like that matter.
It could be a few seconds; it's the fact that it doesn't agree with other time readings referenced, that is the issue.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Rich

Post by Rich »

Yeah, I get that now. But it didn't make sense to me. :|
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
papiotire

Post by papiotire »

These dates occur on every station and I was told by tech support, I am not the only one with this problem. The date is the same. I have had my computer tech inspect all of our stations and he has found it is in the program. It started happening on a update, about the same time as the penny thing on statements.

Return to “Reports + Printing”