RECOMMENDATIONS

Manager SE Reports & printing
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

RECOMMENDATIONS

Post by GUTHTIRE »

When printing Recommendations from the vehicle screen there are no dates listed. As an example, we have reverted to entering the Recommendations e.g. "Left rear rim is bent." followed by "- 12/2/2019" just so the customer can see when the recommendation was made. Would definitely be a time saver if the recommendation would be automatically dated once entered.
Dan
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: RECOMMENDATIONS

Post by timbre4 »

Printing Recommendations from the Vehicle screen? Please advise how you're doing that and where that 'printed' text is used.

The thinking is that making customers aware of Recommendations would typically be addressed either by reviewing them verbally on the Vehicle screen, by Followup Letters - Recommendations, or SocialCRM email. The dates of the Recommendations are included in these instances.
Recommend Dates.png
Recommend Dates.png (12.26 KiB) Viewed 3410 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Was specifically concerned with the Recommendations as they are printed @ the bottom of the Invoice. If there happens to be two or more recommendations there's no way to differentiate one from another date-wise without manually typing the date in the recommendation. It also makes it embarrassing if, by chance, a prior/completed recommendation was not removed after it was completed and the customer reads the recommendation when paying their instant response is panic..."This is needed again?"
Dan
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

It also makes it embarrassing if, by chance, a prior/completed recommendation was not removed after it was completed and the customer reads the recommendation when paying their instant response is panic..."This is needed again?"
When selling a revision, the program brings up the entire Recommendations list for your Advisors to look at and delete as needed. Until there is a connection between the recommendation and a revision, which has been discussed, this is a manual effort.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Right, I've got the context now; the "print from Vehicle screen" portion confused me.

IF the observed workflow happens (transferring Revisions + deleting Recommendations satisfied by Revision(s), there is no issue with confusing customers. If no Revision transfer activity involved, that never occurs. There is no way programmatically to anticipate which Recommendations have been carried out, manual deletion is the only option if they do not apply.

The other option is adding date per Recommendation(s) on the Invoice template itself; I'm thinking there may be some kind of technical limitation with doing that. Stay tuned
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

timbre4 wrote:Right, I've got the context now; the "print from Vehicle screen" portion confused me.

IF the observed workflow happens (transferring Revisions + deleting Recommendations satisfied by Revision(s), there is no issue with confusing customers. If no Revision transfer activity involved, that never occurs. There is no way programmatically to anticipate which Recommendations have been carried out, manual deletion is the only option if they do not apply.

The other option is adding date per Recommendation(s) on the Invoice template itself; I'm thinking there may be some kind of technical limitation with doing that. Stay tuned
Sorry for any confusion in the initial description. I re-read the original text and I do not see where I mentioned anything about problematically removing Recommendations. I just mentioned if a Recommendation or two were not removed it is confusing. My suggestion was simply adding a date to the recommendation when added and subsequently printed on the invoice.
Dan

Return to “Reports + Printing”