How to Customize a Report?

Manager SE Reports & printing
Rpgrace

How to Customize a Report?

Post by Rpgrace »

I'm the new service manager here and am reaching out to previous customers. I see how to print a customer list based on spending but that report does not have phone numbers on it. How can I customize reports, and thanks in advance!

Ryan
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: How to Customize a Report?

Post by ricmorin »

Reports in Manager are not customizable, however they are all exportable to Excel to manipulate.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting questions. Please be mindful of which section you're posting in; this was in section #2 which is company links and support options. Section #3 and the sub-topics within are devoted to Manager SE. So your post was moved to section #3 and placed under Reports + Printing as that's what it's about. Makes it easier for forum members to find appropriate info in the future. :wink:
reports topic.png
reports topic.png (74.16 KiB) Viewed 3458 times
Enough housekeeping, here's the story on reports. The reports in Manager SE reflect rendered data in a more or less locked format; there are selection filters to change the extent of what is included (One/All for category, technician, etc). Some of our newest reports are more evolved to display graphs for the data (particularly tires) so have a look.

The other way of looking at your data is in the raw (non-rendered to template format) form and this can be easily exported to do what you requested. Please find attached a quick guide to export your data to sort, filter, pivot (spending, etc.) that as you like. [SE Data Export to Excel.pdf]
Attachments
SE Data Export To Excel.pdf
(355.75 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

ricmorin wrote:Reports in Manager are not customizable, however they are all exportable to Excel to manipulate.
Just to clarify...perhaps there's something that I'm not aware of. The results of running a report are able to be exported and manipulated in Excel. The reports themselves cannot be exported, manipulated and uploaded back into Manager to be run later. Correct?
Dan
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

GUTHTIRE wrote:
ricmorin wrote:Reports in Manager are not customizable, however they are all exportable to Excel to manipulate.
Just to clarify...perhaps there's something that I'm not aware of. The results of running a report are able to be exported and manipulated in Excel. The reports themselves cannot be exported, manipulated and uploaded back into Manager to be run later. Correct?
Export for manipulation externally; nothing goes backwards into Manager SE. The original report templates remain in effect always as changes could make them stop working or cause system errors.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ambertsi
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by ambertsi »

While the customization within Mitchell isn't possible, there are other reports that you can pull that have the customer's name and number. A few that I use are:

- Customer List - By Customer Number: Lists the customer's information, vehicle information, last service and total spent with the company.
- Customer Last In By Date: Lists the customer's name, phone number, last date in, number of days since the last visit, and total spent overall.
- Customer Phone List By Last Name

I find the second the most useful because the most recent visits are at the beginning of the report so, you aren't calling someone who hasn't been there in two years. You can get to all of them under the "Client" section on the Reports screen.

If you have ProPack, there are a few more in ReportPro that are helpful as well and those have a better layout, imo.
Amber McKinley
Manager
Diesel Maintenance, Repair & Performance

Return to “Reports + Printing”