Service Writer Commissions

Manager SE Reports & printing
RLUHRING

Service Writer Commissions

Post by RLUHRING »

On the Tech Commission Report it shows you a break down of the commissions earned for each part for each person and totals it at the bottom, but when you run the Sales by Service Writer Report it shows you the total profit. At our shop they use the Sales by Service Writer Report and figure the 10% commission from the total profit total, which does not equal the total from the Tech Commission Report. Trying to figure out why there is a difference when they should be the same.
RLUHRING

Re: Service Writer Commissions

Post by RLUHRING »

Capture 001.JPG
Capture 001.JPG (186.54 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
RLUHRING

Post by RLUHRING »

Capture 002.JPG
Capture 002.JPG (65.93 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
10% of $2,287.06 = 228.71 which is different from the $254.90 total on the Tech Commission Report
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum!

Report discrepancies often require a thorough examination of your particular database, and it is recommended to contact tech support for this reason.

Here are some general tips in tracking down things if you want to try yourself:
  • 1. Shorten the date range. Often times by doing this you can find a single day where the mismatch began.
    2. If you are able to narrow it down, begin to look for any negative values. Those are often the cause of disparity - one report may account for them, and the other might be using an absolute value.
    3. Is the SA in question also a Technician receiving commission? If so, that commission being paid can affect the values, since the profit is no longer as high, as one commission has already been paid.
Again, I'd start with support. They have an escalation chain, and if no anomaly can be tracked we'll look at it on the development side.
M1 Product Manager
RLUHRING

Post by RLUHRING »

I called support yesterday and they took control of computer and narrowed it down as you mention. They could not find anything wrong. This morning after the first job sold I looked and it was different on both reports. Makes absolutely no sense to me. At end of a good week it can be a difference of $75.00 and that is huge. Oh and no the SA is only a SA.
Last edited by RLUHRING on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

The tech support call history indicates they tracked the issue to parts missing account classes. I've asked them to reach back out to you to make certain they were clear on the process to fix these to your satisfaction.
M1 Product Manager
RLUHRING

Post by RLUHRING »

He made the Account default for example Parts Revenue (taxable), the one I looked at today was correct as he described but the totals where different.

Return to “Reports + Printing”