Password Used Report

Manager SE Reports & printing
mopar-mechanic

Password Used Report

Post by mopar-mechanic »

Is there a report that shows which password was used to post/close an order, this would help determine accountability if it was done incorrectly and aid in resolving a conflict of who closed the work order vs. a can't remember from 30 days ago.
Garage owner/operator entrepreneur
Shopkey Pro Se with Bolt-on addition
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Password Used Report

Post by megoff »

Hello mopar-mechanic, taking a look at what you're requesting it doesn't look like we have a report for the use of the passwords. The only area we currently have a reporting of "who did what" is on our Deleted Orders report where it will display the User, the name at the bottom right of the manager SE window, that was selected at the time of deletion. I will get your feedback to see if we can get a report like that generated.
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I'm sorry to say there is no password report like you describe. Permissions are said to be changing in the future, which may allow for more reporting like this.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
mopar-mechanic

Post by mopar-mechanic »

Thanks Ric and megoff for the input, i thought the situation was what it is, hopefully sometime in the future this will be available however I know how slow the progress of this system is to get with requests.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

mopar-mechanic wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:02 am
Thanks Ric and megoff for the input, i thought the situation was what it is, hopefully sometime in the future this will be available however I know how slow the progress of this system is to get with requests.
It really depends on the nature of the request.

This report request will be possible after a significant change to the program security strategy. The current model is to passport protect critical areas of the program and then allow/deny user passwords to access that area of the program or not depending on management's decisions over who can do what. To report on someone's specific activity while "logged in" is the complete opposite of the current model so that is why it's a big undertaking to change this aspect of Manager SE and not a simple report request.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
mopar-mechanic

Post by mopar-mechanic »

Makes sense Tim, thanks for explaining the strategy. The program was built on a system without a lot of security features and I can see that. As our shop has grown and continues to grow I look to the future of having employees hired by other managers and therefore our strategy is ever changing. Holding accountability with fact and not assumption can be key to retaining and maintaining order. The password protection in the system is very basic and like I have mentioned could be improved, even as simple as switching users requires a password, currently anyone can be anyone at anytime in the system.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

mopar-mechanic wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:25 pm
currently anyone can be anyone at anytime in the system.
True, but if their password is not endorsed to access technician setup, delete payments, delete orders, etc. they still cannot execute those functions. We are preventing this, we just can't account for who tried.
As it is, User profiles are merely storing screen settings, printer functions and a few other harmless attributes.
Tim McDonnell -
mopar-mechanic

Post by mopar-mechanic »

timbre4 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:39 pm
mopar-mechanic wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:25 pm
currently anyone can be anyone at anytime in the system.
True, but if their password is not endorsed to access technician setup, delete payments, delete orders, etc. they still cannot execute those functions. We are preventing this, we just can't account for who tried.
As it is, User profiles are merely storing screen settings, printer functions and a few other harmless attributes.
Agree except as a "manager" my password should have access to all functions for instance, the idea would be great if for instance in my "manager" user profile i did not have to enter my password for all functions everytime i want to run a report, check profit margins, invoice work orders...etc. At my terminal logged in as me this should be open, if a user needs a passcode to perform a certain feature they require a manager code to access the ability unless that user has a level of authorization to perform those functions, ie their own password.

Each user could be password protected with levels of authorization selected in short.

But this may be a topic for another discussion.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

It’s still the same discussion. What you’re describing is what I proposed as how the new security system would work. You wouldn’t need passwords. Your access rights to functions would already be known.
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “Reports + Printing”