Printing Graphics WIN7?

Manager SE Reports & printing
DaveBrenn

Printing Graphics WIN7?

Post by DaveBrenn »

We are still using Windows 7 and recently have been unable to print graphics and diagrams of repair parts.
Is this due to the recent upgrade to Windows 10 support or is there a workaround in Win7?
HP Laser printer DOES print graphics in other applications.
Do I REALLY need to upgrade to Win 10 for graphics to print?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Printing Graphics WIN7?

Post by timbre4 »

I have moved your post to Reports & Printing. Any particular reason not to upgrade (free) to WIN 10? The security updates are important.
Inquiry about printing has been made on your behalf - stay tuned.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Hey DaveBrenn, where exactly are you attempting to print the graphics from? Are you accessing them through a catalog or are you using ProDemand?
M1 Product Manager
DaveBrenn

Post by DaveBrenn »

Using ProDemand and the zoom feature in the graphics of repairs.
I believe the FREE upgrade to Windows 10 has expired unless you are aware of a special offer. And Microsoft is going to stop supporting Win 10 in 2024.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Dave Brenner
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

The upgrade to Windows 10 is still a thing just not as in your face as it was before. Current end of support for Windows 10 is roughly Oct 2025 (which can change depending on Windows 11 adoption).

I did attempt to print a diagram from chrome on Windows 7 and there was no issue. When using Internet Explorer to print the diagram, I did receive a black x on the page. If you are using Internet Explorer, I'd suggest using Chrome or FireFox for printing diagrams.

As Windows 7 is not getting chrome updates any longer so it may not even be available to download if it's not downloaded already. Microsoft finally pulled Internet Explorer off of even Windows 10 PCs.

The best action may be to upgrade to Windows 10 to extend the life of the computer a bit longer but depending on the hardware in the machine it may slow things down.
M1 Product Manager
DaveBrenn

Post by DaveBrenn »

Thanks, Meg, for your help. I have researched and found ways to upgrade to Win 10 for free. In the meantime, I'll try using different browsers to see if that makes a difference.

Return to “Reports + Printing”