Finding a posted invoice

Manager SE Reports & printing
cbalogh

Finding a posted invoice

Post by cbalogh »

I'm at a loss or I just can't read, where do the posted invoices go after they are paid. I seem to have lost some invoices and they are not in history under the vehicle or customer. I am guessing I had a finger problem and they ended up in some place where I can't find them. Help
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Finding a posted invoice

Post by Silky7 »

Well, by definition a posted invoice is in history. Therefore, I'd assume you're not finding it in History where you expect it.

The first thing you should do is go have a look at the Deleted Orders report under Accounting. Might save you a good deal of time hunting for something that no longer exists.

Next, you might want to have a good look over the WIP. Sometimes an order that was supposed to be posted is still just sitting open.

You can also see if the record was posted under the wrong customer. Try searching the posted invoices with something you know about the work, e.g.:
2023-09-13 13_51_03-Find History Record.png
2023-09-13 13_51_03-Find History Record.png (46.02 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
Others may have additional suggestions, but hopefully this will give you a starting point if nothing else.
M1 Product Manager
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Things happen. The recommendation depends on what you know about these invoices. Here's a few ideas:

How busy is your WIP screen? (Just making sure they're not hiding there instead of being posted into History as thought)
You can click on Display and filter WIP to just show INVs, right-click on Customer or Vehicle to search the screen for matches.

Do you know the approximate dates they were supposedly posted?

Check the Deleted Orders report to see if listed there.

Press F4 Find History - switch to Vehicle tab. enter a full or partial vehicle YMME and put type of work in the WordSearch field and set a date range.

Do you recall a specific part being sold on one or more of these invoices? Reports > Management tab > Part # Search report (use part #s and/or descriptions) to return a list of invoice #s, names vehicles, dates.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by ShopManTim »

What I have done already is go into the "Find Customer" using the F3 button. Typically I find what I am looking for and what I have seen is that a date or some other piece of relevant info has gotten changed.

HTH
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills

Return to “Reports + Printing”